Rutgers MBS 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you mind sharing your stats? I am not sure if I will be a good fit for the program.
Sure. I had a 2.8 science GPA, 2.9 undergrad, 30MCAT. GPA was low due to family circumstances which i explained in my Personal statement

Members don't see this ad.

I lived in 180. The area near school isn't bad. I came all the way cross country to do the program, and thus I decided to play it safe and just live in 180. There's a place across called "Society Hill," it's cheaper and walking distance to the school. I never went to class. I just went for the exams. Could've saved money living further off, but I just didn't care. Your goal is to 4.0 this program.
How did you find an apartment lol theres no facebook group or anything im searching through craigslist

I did this program in 2015 and finished in 2016 ( 2 semesters). I was accepted halfway through the program into dental school. If you have any questions about the program feel free to reply or PM. This program was the best thing I have ever done. Wouldn't be where I am without it.
Hii..I'm international dentist..recently accepted to the MBS program..my stats are..gpa 3.77,NBDE part1 and part 2,5years experience as associate dentist in home country,1year shadowing in USA..which courses do u suggest for fall..is it easy to complete this program in 1year..do u suggest taking dental courses??

Members don't see this ad :)
Good afternoon!
I’m looking for 1/2 female roommates wanting to live at 180 West Market or at Society Hill.

Message me if you're interested!

Hii..anyone going to campus tour of accepted students on Friday,July 12th?

hi! just got accepted in the dental scholars program but was wondering if anyone had looked into housing? i’m worried about being in a bad area but have only heard about the 180 market apartment which is pretty expensive..
Hi! I was curious about the same thing. Have you heard back from anyone about this?

Recently got accepted to both Newark and Piscataway and trying to decide between the two. The possibility of the late interview for RWJ is tempting but not sure if it's that much of a pro since it seems like a very small fraction are accepted. Newark is also much closer to me.

If you search up the program on Facebook, the 2019-2020 group should come up that you can request to join. Didn't find anything for Newark.

Out of curiosity, could you state the full accurate name of the group on fb. I can't seem to find anything and I'm not sure why >.< lol

Hi! I was curious about the same thing. Have you heard back from anyone about this?
Not exactly, I applied to the graduate housing just because I didn’t want to end up in a bad area but i’ve heard a lot of good things about society hill!

I was recently accepted and will probably attend. Is there a facebook page and does anybody have info on % of students accepted to med school?

hi! just got accepted in the dental scholars program but was wondering if anyone had looked into housing? i’m worried about being in a bad area but have only heard about the 180 market apartment which is pretty expensive..
I'm having a hard time finding good housing in a safe area as well...am wonderin gif living in nyc is unreasonable in terms of commute

I'm having a hard time finding good housing in a safe area as well...am wonderin gif living in nyc is unreasonable in terms of commute

You can live in NYC, but to make it easier you'd want to live near either the path line or ny penn station. You can also look into Jersey City or Hoboken. All of the path lines run through Jersey City to get to Newark Penn so Jersey City would be the quickest.

Hello,

I did this program Spring 2018-Spring 2019 (3 semesters) in Newark. Went to Rutgers New Brunswick for undergrad so Newark was a nice change. I cannot explain how much of an amazing program this is so please feel free to PM me if you have any questions at all! I will be attennding NJMS Fall 2020 so shows how great this program is!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi there!

Im interested in doing this, but I feel a bit scared. What convinced you to go here?

Hello,

I did this program Spring 2018-Spring 2019 (3 semesters) in Newark. Went to Rutgers New Brunswick for undergrad so Newark was a nice change. I cannot explain how much of an amazing program this is so please feel free to PM me if you have any questions at all! I will be attennding NJMS Fall 2020 so shows how great this program is!

Hi there!

Im interested in doing this, but I feel a bit scared. What convinced you to go here?

Hey! What are you nervous for? I just heard great things about the program and its affiliation with NJMS!

Hey! What are you nervous for? I just heard great things about the program and its affiliation with NJMS!
I guess I'm worried I won't fit in and might get lost in the crowd. A lot of unknowns for me. Is it hard to get into classes? Which ones did you like most?

Recently accepted into the program as a Dental Scholar for Spring 2020! Please contact me if you have also been accepted or if you have any wisdom to share with me if you're already in it. Kinda worried about housing and safety, so if anyone has insight on that.. that'd be awesome.

Hello, I recently got accepted into the program as a Medical Scholar for Spring 2020! Please contact me if you have also been accepted or if you have any knowledge about the program :) would love to connect with people - though I'm not sure if I'll be attending just yet!

I got into this program, but I am not sure if it is worth it! Really debating.