You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rutgers MBS 2020-2021
Started by hurricaneg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Heya! I got into both the Piscataway MBS, and the Newark MBS medical scholars track. I'm leaning towards the Piscataway program though.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey same!! I'm unable to access a housing application thought 🙁. Were you able to?Hi there! I was recently accepted as well. I'm hoping to complete the semester on campus!
Hey I'm not sure! I tried joining the official School of Grad Studies FB group but never got accepted hahaDoes anyone know the name of the FB group?
I heard back about 7-10 days after!How long did it take for the admission committee to review the application after being sent? I sent mine on May 26 and wanted to get an idea when I will be hearing back.
From what I've heard Society Hill is nice!I plan on living off campus. Do y’all know the area well? Any suggestions?
It was about 3 weeks for me. But the hold up was transcripts.I heard back about 7-10 days after!
I believe you can submit ur unofficial so that they can begin reviewing ur app, but they will need ur official transcripts and test scores if you are accepted. I would go ahead and begin requesting the official in case there is a hold up.For submitting the official transcripts do I have to wait until I hear back about admission decisions? Or do I have to submit official transcripts now?
Was anyone able to fill out a housing application?
I have not tried yet. Is there an issue with it? Are you planning on on campus housing?Was anyone able to fill out a housing application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not able to logon. Yup on-campus housing at 180 W Market St! I think they're gonna send us a separate email with housing information though!I have not tried yet. Is there an issue with it? Are you planning on on campus housing?
For those that were accepted, what were your stats like? I have around a2.87 and got a 290 on the gre and really want to attend this program, do you think I should apply for the dental scholars?
My GPA is a 3.19 and I took the DAT and scored a 19 on it. I’m not sure about GRE scores. I think they’re waiving app fees due to the virus so I would still apply. At the least they’ll say no. But you never know. I was honestly surprised when I got the acceptance.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I paid the
i wish they would waive the app fee lol i just submitted it and paid the $70! Did you submit your unofficial scores for test scores and just upload it with the supporting material or send original when applying? How long did they take to give you a decision?My GPA is a 3.19 and I took the DAT and scored a 19 on it. I’m not sure about GRE scores. I think they’re waiving app fees due to the virus so I would still apply. At the least they’ll say no. But you never know. I was honestly surprised when I got the acceptance.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I paid the
i wish they would waive the app fee lol i just submitted it and paid the $70! Did you submit your unofficial scores for test scores and just upload it with the supporting material or send original when applying? How long did they take to give you a decision?
Yeah, I found out after I paid too. I did submit unofficial transcripts and scores so they can begin reviewing. But I would still get the official transcripts to them ASAP so they can have it. Once you get accepted they’ll ask for official test scores. I submitted 4/24 and got accepted 5/11.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
do you know how many students they take / how full the class size is right now?Yeah, I found out after I paid too. I did submit unofficial transcripts and scores so they can begin reviewing. But I would still get the official transcripts to them ASAP so they can have it. Once you get accepted they’ll ask for official test scores. I submitted 4/24 and got accepted 5/11.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went to a webinar
I went to a webinar about recently and they said they still have spots open 🙂do you know how many students they take / how full the class size is right now?
Live in the cheapest place you can that's close to campus. You don't want to waste unnecessary money. You are all going to be studying away. The less distractions you have the better off you will be. I completed this program in 2016. Any questions PM me. I lived in 180 west market, but if I had the chance to do it again I would've lived either in society or somewhere cheaper. I never went to class. I just watched the recordings. I only went to campus to take the exams. I just graduated from dental school so the program works and helps you get in.
Hey! Congratulations on completing dental school! Yeah, I’ve been looking into a place that’s super expensive, but I’m not from there so I just want the security. I know I’d prob just stay in a lot so comfort is big for me. We’re you active with campus activities? Was it difficult to maintain a 3.7GPA?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bballdudeforea
Full Member
Which one would you guys say is better: the one in Newark or New Brunswick? Are there any scholarships or need based grants for the “neediest” students? Thanks guys
I think the programs either in piscataway or newark but piscataway one is geared more towards pre medWhich one would you guys say is better: the one in Newark or New Brunswick? Are there any scholarships or need based grants for the “neediest” students? Thanks guys
Hey!! It took me about a week to get the additional email, if a week or a week and a half passes by and you're not getting it I would email Leslie Lucy! 🙂Hey all! I received an initial email a couple days ago saying congrats I was admitted and that an email with next steps was forthcoming. Anyone else received additional emails after that one?
bballdudeforea
Full Member
Just got accepted!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey!! It took me about a week to get the additional email, if a week or a week and a half passes by and you're not getting it I would email Leslie Lucy! 🙂
Hey! What additional emails did you get? I want to make sure that I have received everything
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi! I got the official acceptance email that you have to send back signed saying you're accepting the offer, essential functions document, and then two documents on how to set up our net id!Hey! What additional emails did you get? I want to make sure that I have received everything
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats! When did you apply?Just got accepted!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi! I got the official acceptance email that you have to send back signed saying you're accepting the offer, essential functions document, and then two documents on how to set up our net id!
Oh good! I’m always scared I overlook something
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bballdudeforea
Full Member
Thank you! I applied 5/14, but they did not start reviewing it until I emailed them about it because they thought I was going to submit a GRE or MCAT, which I didn't. 6/8 was technically when I applied to answer your question, but I had to email them again this week to get a decision so I can decide on a masters program. Moral of the story is to email if you haven't heard back in a while!Congrats! When did you apply?
Figured I’d post my pros vs cons list:
Rutgers MBS
- Applied 5/8/20, accepted to NB (5/22) and N (5/26)
- I’m currently committed to NB/Piscataway, but still awaiting decision on one more program.
NB/Piscataway
Newark
Rutgers MBS
- Applied 5/8/20, accepted to NB (5/22) and N (5/26)
- I’m currently committed to NB/Piscataway, but still awaiting decision on one more program.
NB/Piscataway
- Curriculum is more structured (3 required core classes + research project + 1 elective per semester if on 1 yr track) - I preferred this because I tend to do well on structure rather than freedom.
- There are only premed students with you, no pre-dent, no pre-research, no MS1s.
- Entering class is ~100, class sizes avg 80-100 for core, 20-30 for elective.
- Committee provides committee rec letter
- Research project (Capstone) will be mentored by faculty, and can be either an actual experiment, or literature review
- New Brunswick area is supposedly nicer (I’m OOS, so this matters for me bc I’ll be moving with my fam)
- I heard RWJMS distributes the cadavers for NJ. This program has Gross Anatomy in Spring with cadaver dissection, and basically there'll be 4-5 students per cadaver instead of your average 8-12 ppl in most other programs with dissection/med schools.
- Linkage is opportunity (not guaranteed) interview to RWJMS if 3.6 gGPA, 3.0 uGPA, and 509 MCAT.
- Unknown what proportion will be online. Waiting for more info.
- 65% mean matriculation rate - stated by program director.
- Alumni have told me that reaching the program directors/advisors becomes difficult with time, but can be overcome by stopping by their office prn.
- Last class' entering stats: 250 applicants, ~100 matriculated; 21% OOS; avg gpa 3.24, avg MCAT 500, avg DAT 21 (1), avg GRE score V:55%, Q:54%, W:64%.
Newark
- Curriculum has a lot of freedom (1-2 required core classes per semester for 1 year plan, and you can choose the rest as electives = 9 required credits, 21 electives).
- There may be pre-dent or pre-research students in your classes besides premed.
- You have the opportunity to take courses with NJMS MS1 students if your advisor allows it. Advisors stated in webinar that they do not recommend most students to do this.
- Entering class is ~200, with class sizes averaging around 120 for core, and 25-45 for electives.
- There's a research requirement (aka Masters research rotations and seminar, but there's an opportunity to substitute for an extra elective if you have stellar research experience)
- Newark is more industrial, so finding housing might be a bit rough.
- Linkage is guaranteed interview to NJMS if 3.6 gGPA and 509 MCAT.
- 50-55% mean matriculation rate - stated in webinar.
- Most courses will be online as per covid restrictions.
Last edited:
What was your gpa around if you don’t mind sharing?Thank you! I applied 5/14, but they did not start reviewing it until I emailed them about it because they thought I was going to submit a GRE or MCAT, which I didn't. 6/8 was technically when I applied to answer your question, but I had to email them again this week to get a decision so I can decide on a masters program. Moral of the story is to email if you haven't heard back in a while!
bballdudeforea
Full Member
What was your gpa around if you don’t mind sharing?
I don’t mind! 3.53 cGPA AND 3.2ish sGPA
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi! I got accepted recently and received the email with addition Information. Did you guys send all the paperwork by postal service or did you guys email all the paper work back to them?
Another questions! Did you guys make an appointment with your adviser right away after getting accepted or waited to submit all your paper work?
Another questions! Did you guys make an appointment with your adviser right away after getting accepted or waited to submit all your paper work?
Hi! I got accepted recently and received the email with addition Information. Did you guys send all the paperwork by postal service or did you guys email all the paper work back to them?
Another questions! Did you guys make an appointment with your adviser right away after getting accepted or waited to submit all your paper work?
Congratulations! I e-signed and emailed Lucy so that they could hold my seat and know I was interested. I also sent a hard copy with my check deposit in case they needed a hard copy.
Are we able to set the appt with advisors now?? I was actually waiting on a follow up email or something regarding that.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's the fb page if anyone wants to join!
www.facebook.com
2020-2021 MS/MBS Rutgers University GSBS - Newark | Facebook
did you hear back from rutgers yet?Here's the fb page if anyone wants to join!
2020-2021 MS/MBS Rutgers University GSBS - Newark | Facebook
www.facebook.com
Thank you!! And yea, most likely they will send us additional information.Congratulations! I e-signed and emailed Lucy so that they could hold my seat and know I was interested. I also sent a hard copy with my check deposit in case they needed a hard copy.
Are we able to set the appt with advisors now?? I was actually waiting on a follow up email or something regarding that.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Health_is_wealth
New Member
I was accepted into the Piscataway program without taking the GREDid anyone apply without taking the gre?
bballdudeforea
Full Member
^^^ same
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yvonneao
New Member
I want to apply to the Piscataway program but I haven't completed Organic Chem 2, and Physics 2. Plus I feel like my gpa is too low as compared to every other applicant.I was accepted into the Piscataway program without taking the GRE
bballdudeforea
Full Member
I want to apply to the Piscataway program but I haven't completed Organic Chem 2, and Physics 2. Plus I feel like my gpa is too low as compared to every other applicant.
I think it’s worth a try! I’m pretty sure there’s application fee waivers too, so there’s no harm in trying. You never know.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yvonneao
New Member
I definitely will try and see right now.I think it’s worth a try! I’m pretty sure there’s application fee waivers too, so there’s no harm in trying. You never know.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yvonneao
New Member
I Just submitted my application but I don't see where the application fee got waived.I think it’s worth a try! I’m pretty sure there’s application fee waivers too, so there’s no harm in trying. You never know.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 399
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 349