Rutgers North DPT 2020-21

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredptms

Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread for Rutgers North yet - I have an interview set up for Oct 23! Has anyone interviewed for the program?

Members don't see this ad.

I have one for the 23rd at 1:30pm as well! Goodluck, Rutgers is a great school

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview on the 23rd at 1:30pm too!
I believe it's one-on-one so I guess many of us are going to do it with different faculty members at the same time.
Did anyone hear about the group assignment we're going to get?
BTW, good luck to everyone and let's share how we all did it later!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
See you guys at the interview today at 1:30!! :) Is it a group interview or individual, they didnt really specify??

I got the offer of acceptance letter today(10/29) from Rutgers Newark!

Congrats! I got an email today saying that my application was reviewed favorably but I don't think it's a full acceptance because it seems like I have to do another meeting with them for a final decision in December.

Anyone get this too or know what this means?

Congrats on your acceptance! For those who have interviewed at Rutgers, how did the interview day go? What was it like and what kinds of questions did they ask?

Congrats! I got an email today saying that my application was reviewed favorably but I don't think it's a full acceptance because it seems like I have to do another meeting with them for a final decision in December.

I got the same email. Mine says the Admissions Committee's going to have another(final) meeting in December to revisit my credentials and give a decision. I don't know what that means in terms of where I'm standing, but I also don't think it's a bad news.

Congrats!
Do you remember what interview questions they asked? I’m actually a current 2nd year DPT student at the Rutgers Newark program (I helped to make the virtual video tour you probably watched during the interview), but I’m asking for a friend who has the interview for the second round of interviews. Also, let me know if you have any questions about the program and I’d be more than willing to help! (This goes for anyone who was accepted to the program and has questions about the program).

Do these questions look familiar to you? These were asked during my interview year back in 2018:
1. If you had an autobiography written about you, what would page 287 out of 400 say?
2. If you could have a full paid trip anywhere around the world, what skill would you go to learn?
3. What is something you didn’t about about a PT: What would you change?
4. What do you do for fun?
5. How did you stumble upon PT? What made you want to be a PT?
6. Have you considered other professions?
7. How do you study?
8. Would you change anything you did in undergrad, whether it be studying habits or something else? Why?

I’ve asked other students and have also heard these newer questions from last year and this year:
9. If you could pick a muscle, what muscle are you and why?
10. What phrase would describe you best?

Thanks! And again, congrats on your acceptance and hope you choose us!

I got this email too, at first I was pretty bummed out but I remember one of the current students saying she got that same email and in December they accepted her. So I haven’t lost all hope yet!

Congrats!
Do you remember what interview questions they asked? I’m actually a current 2nd year DPT student at the Rutgers Newark program (I helped to make the virtual video tour you probably watched during the interview), but I’m asking for a friend who has the interview for the second round of interviews. Also, let me know if you have any questions about the program and I’d be more than willing to help! (This goes for anyone who was accepted to the program and has questions about the program).

Do these questions look familiar to you? These were asked during my interview year back in 2018:
1. If you had an autobiography written about you, what would page 287 out of 400 say?
2. If you could have a full paid trip anywhere around the world, what skill would you go to learn?
3. What is something you didn’t about about a PT: What would you change?
4. What do you do for fun?
5. How did you stumble upon PT? What made you want to be a PT?
6. Have you considered other professions?
7. How do you study?
8. Would you change anything you did in undergrad, whether it be studying habits or something else? Why?

I’ve asked other students and have also heard these newer questions from last year and this year:
9. If you could pick a muscle, what muscle are you and why?
10. What phrase would describe you best?

Thanks! And again, congrats on your acceptance and hope you choose us!
Hi! I was in group A, so if you were in that group I may have seen you lol. I don’t remember all of them but here is a list that I do remember.
- what do you look for in a program
- if you had unlimited resources where would you go and what skill would you learn?
- how do you handle stress?
- why did you chose physical therapy?
- when was a time you had to go outside your comfort zone?

The interview was more of a conversation. I got to know a little bit about the interviewer as well. So nothing to be nervous about. I really enjoyed the experience and got good vibes from the faculty and students. I am currently waiting on more schools, but I am 99% sure I will be accepting my offer.
Good luck everyone on the interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! When did you apply to the program? I applied to Rutgers North on August 14th and South on August 3rd and I haven’t heard back anything yet. I did get confirmation that my application was accepted and being reviewed.

I got this email too, at first I was pretty bummed out but I remember one of the current students saying she got that same email and in December they accepted her. So I haven’t lost all hope yet!
Do you know when in December?

I believe the second group just interviewed this past Friday, so I would think that we hear back sometime within the next 2-3 weeks. I hope we'll know sometime before Christmas

Any status updates for anyone who interviewed 11/20 (last friday)?

Anyone who interviewed on 11/20: do you know how many people interviewd on that day?

Hi everyone!
I have an interview tomorrow, Monday 11/30 with Rutgers North and am super excited!! Any specific questions I should be prepared for?!
Thanks!

Yeah I think there was around ten too! And I was told that they will be making decisions on 12/4 as well.
Does that mean they will be sending out decisions on that date? Only reason I ask is because I have a December 8th deadline on another program to give my deposit. Rutgers north is my top choice but don’t want to lose my spot in the my second choice either.

Does that mean they will be sending out decisions on that date? Only reason I ask is because I have a December 8th deadline on another program to give my deposit. Rutgers north is my top choice but don’t want to lose my spot in the my second choice either.
The person who interviewed me didn't exactly say... she just said they are going to be making decisions on their end that day so I'm not sure if that means they are sending out acceptance emails that same day or sometime later this month. I'm sorry! I wish I had a more clear answer for you. Anyway, good luck to you!

I think they said they would be sending out decisions on the 7th or the 8th

From what I remember on the interview day they said probably on the 6th. So, pretty much this week. But it seems like some of the most favorable applicants already heard back with offer right after interview. Is there anyone else?

The 6th is a Sunday. I'm sure this round takes longer because there was a holiday last week. I don't think anyone has heard back yet from my interview date, 11/20.

Received an email this morning with an acceptance!! I hope you all hear good news soon :)

Congrats to people who got accepted!
I'm waitlisted and although I know they don't like to tell you where you stand, but I wonder how many people they waitlist and how many gets accepted from the list. I know it varies each year but does anyone know what the general trend is?

Congrats to people who got accepted!
I'm waitlisted and although I know they don't like to tell you where you stand, but I wonder how many people they waitlist and how many gets accepted from the list. I know it varies each year but does anyone know what the general trend is?
Hi! I’m not sure what the general trend is but I did talk to two people from previous years.. One of them got off the waistlist in January and another in March

Hi guys, so I got waitlisted. Better than a rejection right off the bat, but hoping for an acceptance later on. Congrats to everyone who got their acceptance letter!! :)

Has anyone officially decided they’re going to Rutgers north this summer?! Would love to talk to someone about why they picked this program :)

Has anyone officially decided they’re going to Rutgers north this summer?! Would love to talk to someone about why they picked this program :)
Hi! I’ve just put my enrollment deposit down the other day! Was looking for people to speak to as well! I saw Facebook groups for earlier classes but no one has created one for our cohort yet.

Hi! I’ve just put my enrollment deposit down the other day! Was looking for people to speak to as well! I saw Facebook groups for earlier classes but no one has created one for our cohort yet.
Congrats!
When is the due date to send the deposit?

Does anyone know when those on the waitlist can expect to begin hearing back ?

I spoke with Kathy London yesterday and she usually sets something up for the new class around March!

I also decided on Rutgers north! :)

Does anyone know when Rutgers sends out information about potential scholarships? Also does anyone have an idea of what the average student receives in financial aid, considering it is a state school?

Has anyone on the waitlist heard back yet/been pulled from the waitlist?