You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rutgers North DPT 2020-21
Started by futuredptms
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
adrianhc97
Full Member
I have one for the 23rd at 1:30pm as well! Goodluck, Rutgers is a great school
I have an interview on the 23rd at 1:30pm too!
I believe it's one-on-one so I guess many of us are going to do it with different faculty members at the same time.
Did anyone hear about the group assignment we're going to get?
BTW, good luck to everyone and let's share how we all did it later!
I believe it's one-on-one so I guess many of us are going to do it with different faculty members at the same time.
Did anyone hear about the group assignment we're going to get?
BTW, good luck to everyone and let's share how we all did it later!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Are you gonna be accepting the offer?I got the offer of acceptance letter today(10/29) from Rutgers Newark!
7_L10NS
Full Member
Thank you!! And I’m not 100% sure since I’m still waiting on other schools. But I’m leaning towards a yesCongrats! Are you gonna be accepting the offer?
adrianhc97
Full Member
I got the offer of acceptance letter today(10/29) from Rutgers Newark!
Congrats! I got an email today saying that my application was reviewed favorably but I don't think it's a full acceptance because it seems like I have to do another meeting with them for a final decision in December.
Anyone get this too or know what this means?
I got the same email. Mine says the Admissions Committee's going to have another(final) meeting in December to revisit my credentials and give a decision. I don't know what that means in terms of where I'm standing, but I also don't think it's a bad news.Congrats! I got an email today saying that my application was reviewed favorably but I don't think it's a full acceptance because it seems like I have to do another meeting with them for a final decision in December.
Anyone get this too or know what this means?
Congrats!I got the offer of acceptance letter today(10/29) from Rutgers Newark!
Do you remember what interview questions they asked? I’m actually a current 2nd year DPT student at the Rutgers Newark program (I helped to make the virtual video tour you probably watched during the interview), but I’m asking for a friend who has the interview for the second round of interviews. Also, let me know if you have any questions about the program and I’d be more than willing to help! (This goes for anyone who was accepted to the program and has questions about the program).
Do these questions look familiar to you? These were asked during my interview year back in 2018:
1. If you had an autobiography written about you, what would page 287 out of 400 say?
2. If you could have a full paid trip anywhere around the world, what skill would you go to learn?
3. What is something you didn’t about about a PT: What would you change?
4. What do you do for fun?
5. How did you stumble upon PT? What made you want to be a PT?
6. Have you considered other professions?
7. How do you study?
8. Would you change anything you did in undergrad, whether it be studying habits or something else? Why?
I’ve asked other students and have also heard these newer questions from last year and this year:
9. If you could pick a muscle, what muscle are you and why?
10. What phrase would describe you best?
Thanks! And again, congrats on your acceptance and hope you choose us!
I got this email too, at first I was pretty bummed out but I remember one of the current students saying she got that same email and in December they accepted her. So I haven’t lost all hope yet!Congrats! I got an email today saying that my application was reviewed favorably but I don't think it's a full acceptance because it seems like I have to do another meeting with them for a final decision in December.
Anyone get this too or know what this means?
7_L10NS
Full Member
Hi! I was in group A, so if you were in that group I may have seen you lol. I don’t remember all of them but here is a list that I do remember.Congrats!
Do you remember what interview questions they asked? I’m actually a current 2nd year DPT student at the Rutgers Newark program (I helped to make the virtual video tour you probably watched during the interview), but I’m asking for a friend who has the interview for the second round of interviews. Also, let me know if you have any questions about the program and I’d be more than willing to help! (This goes for anyone who was accepted to the program and has questions about the program).
Do these questions look familiar to you? These were asked during my interview year back in 2018:
1. If you had an autobiography written about you, what would page 287 out of 400 say?
2. If you could have a full paid trip anywhere around the world, what skill would you go to learn?
3. What is something you didn’t about about a PT: What would you change?
4. What do you do for fun?
5. How did you stumble upon PT? What made you want to be a PT?
6. Have you considered other professions?
7. How do you study?
8. Would you change anything you did in undergrad, whether it be studying habits or something else? Why?
I’ve asked other students and have also heard these newer questions from last year and this year:
9. If you could pick a muscle, what muscle are you and why?
10. What phrase would describe you best?
Thanks! And again, congrats on your acceptance and hope you choose us!
- what do you look for in a program
- if you had unlimited resources where would you go and what skill would you learn?
- how do you handle stress?
- why did you chose physical therapy?
- when was a time you had to go outside your comfort zone?
The interview was more of a conversation. I got to know a little bit about the interviewer as well. So nothing to be nervous about. I really enjoyed the experience and got good vibes from the faculty and students. I am currently waiting on more schools, but I am 99% sure I will be accepting my offer.
Good luck everyone on the interviews!
cchacho98
New Member
Do you know when in December?I got this email too, at first I was pretty bummed out but I remember one of the current students saying she got that same email and in December they accepted her. So I haven’t lost all hope yet!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cchacho98
New Member
Do you know when in December?I got this email too, at first I was pretty bummed out but I remember one of the current students saying she got that same email and in December they accepted her. So I haven’t lost all hope yet!
I believe the second group just interviewed this past Friday, so I would think that we hear back sometime within the next 2-3 weeks. I hope we'll know sometime before ChristmasDo you know when in December?
after-limit
Full Member
Do they only do two interview dates?
7_L10NS
Full Member
It was around 85 people on zoomAnyone who interviewed on 11/20: do you know how many people interviewd on that day?
futuredptstudent2020
New Member
I just had my interview and they said they are making "final decisions" December 4thDo you know when in December?
after-limit
Full Member
were there a lot of people interviewing today?I just had my interview and they said they are making "final decisions" December 4th
futuredptstudent2020
New Member
I think like ten?were there a lot of people interviewing today?
after-limit
Full Member
oh okay thanks!I think like ten?
Yeah I think there was around ten too! And I was told that they will be making decisions on 12/4 as well.oh okay thanks!
future_PT1996
Full Member
Does that mean they will be sending out decisions on that date? Only reason I ask is because I have a December 8th deadline on another program to give my deposit. Rutgers north is my top choice but don’t want to lose my spot in the my second choice either.Yeah I think there was around ten too! And I was told that they will be making decisions on 12/4 as well.
The person who interviewed me didn't exactly say... she just said they are going to be making decisions on their end that day so I'm not sure if that means they are sending out acceptance emails that same day or sometime later this month. I'm sorry! I wish I had a more clear answer for you. Anyway, good luck to you!Does that mean they will be sending out decisions on that date? Only reason I ask is because I have a December 8th deadline on another program to give my deposit. Rutgers north is my top choice but don’t want to lose my spot in the my second choice either.
I think they said they would be sending out decisions on the 7th or the 8thDoes that mean they will be sending out decisions on that date? Only reason I ask is because I have a December 8th deadline on another program to give my deposit. Rutgers north is my top choice but don’t want to lose my spot in the my second choice either.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredptms
Full Member
Received an email this morning with an acceptance!! I hope you all hear good news soon 🙂
after-limit
Full Member
Congrats!! I received one as well, so excited! 🙂Received an email this morning with an acceptance!! I hope you all hear good news soon 🙂
Congrats to people who got accepted!
I'm waitlisted and although I know they don't like to tell you where you stand, but I wonder how many people they waitlist and how many gets accepted from the list. I know it varies each year but does anyone know what the general trend is?
I'm waitlisted and although I know they don't like to tell you where you stand, but I wonder how many people they waitlist and how many gets accepted from the list. I know it varies each year but does anyone know what the general trend is?
after-limit
Full Member
Hi! I’m not sure what the general trend is but I did talk to two people from previous years.. One of them got off the waistlist in January and another in MarchCongrats to people who got accepted!
I'm waitlisted and although I know they don't like to tell you where you stand, but I wonder how many people they waitlist and how many gets accepted from the list. I know it varies each year but does anyone know what the general trend is?
futuredptms
Full Member
I'm choosing between Rutgers and one other program!! The cost of Rutgers in state is hard to beat..I just can't decide what to do!Hi guys! 🙂 just curious who’s planning to attend Rutgers?
futuredptms
Full Member
Has anyone officially decided they’re going to Rutgers north this summer?! Would love to talk to someone about why they picked this program 🙂
Future.dpt.2024
New Member
Hi! I’ve just put my enrollment deposit down the other day! Was looking for people to speak to as well! I saw Facebook groups for earlier classes but no one has created one for our cohort yet.Has anyone officially decided they’re going to Rutgers north this summer?! Would love to talk to someone about why they picked this program 🙂
Congrats!Hi! I’ve just put my enrollment deposit down the other day! Was looking for people to speak to as well! I saw Facebook groups for earlier classes but no one has created one for our cohort yet.
When is the due date to send the deposit?
future_PT1996
Full Member
Does anyone know when those on the waitlist can expect to begin hearing back ?
futuredptms
Full Member
I spoke with Kathy London yesterday and she usually sets something up for the new class around March!Hi! I’ve just put my enrollment deposit down the other day! Was looking for people to speak to as well! I saw Facebook groups for earlier classes but no one has created one for our cohort yet.
after-limit
Full Member
I also decided on Rutgers north! 🙂Hi! I’ve just put my enrollment deposit down the other day! Was looking for people to speak to as well! I saw Facebook groups for earlier classes but no one has created one for our cohort yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
njptschools
New Member
Does anyone know when Rutgers sends out information about potential scholarships? Also does anyone have an idea of what the average student receives in financial aid, considering it is a state school?
futuredptms
Full Member
Jan 15Does anyone know when the deposit deadline is?
Has anyone on the waitlist heard back yet/been pulled from the waitlist?
future_PT1996
Full Member
I just received an email that I was pulled off the waitlist.Has anyone on the waitlist heard back yet/been pulled from the waitlist?