Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Rejected without interview!

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah. Haven’t heard anything since getting waitlisted on dec 15, hoping we’ll hear something soon
I was told we would not hear anything till at the earliest mid-March. Stay positive! If you look in last year's chain there was movement at that time.

Just gave up my seat, goodluck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there will be a second deposit for Rutgers, and how much it will be?

When someone drops out. The class is full.
Do they randomly accept people off the waitlist when someone drops out or is it more like an OOS drops out, another OOS is chosen from the list to fulfill their place?

Hey everyone, I’m a D4, so I’m out of here this year.

My D3 roommates are looking for roomates to share our flat right by NJIT. It’s a 3 minute drive or 10 minute walk to the school, and we’re right next to the light rail stop to Penn Station. We have plenty of street parking and we’ve never had any issues. I’ve lived here all 4 years and it has been the PERFECT setup here. It’s a 3 bedroom 2 full bath apartment with really cheap rent. Right now we pay between $350-$650 a person. It has 1 master bedroom with a bathroom located inside it and then two other bedrooms which share a bathroom. Also, we have a huge kitchen and living room area for hanging out. All the D4s here are moving out after graduation, so we’re looking for new roommates. For the past 6 years it’s been rented by dental students who pass it on year after year - the owner is very supportive because his son went to RSDM class of 2019. If you’re interested just send me a message. We’d be happy to show you the place sometime.
Is this still available?

The waitlist moves when someone drops out of the class. It goes one at a time. The chance of movement is low now because there aren’t many reasons someone would drop their spot now.
Do they immediately choose people from the waitlist when someone drops or do they wait and send batches? I’m asking bec it seems like end of March is when the waitlist sees a lot of movement according to previous years

Reactions: 1 users
I will be giving up my seat within the next week. Good luck, everyone!

Why pay the extra money? You can, but if they look too different and they’re noticeable, they will make you stop wearing them. Happened to several people so far.
they can make you stop wearing scrubs because you can't afford to buy it as a student? Do they kick you out of class or what?

they can make you stop wearing scrubs because you can't afford to buy it as a student? Do they kick you out of class or what?
You must wear the same color as the class. Didn’t they make you purchase the scrubs already? Some people pay extra for more fancy scrubs (e.g. figs), but if you stand out (e.g. the jogger types), they’ll give you a warning and then write you up for discipline violation.

Welcome to dental school - where you are forced to buy overpriced things you don’t need.

You must wear the same color as the class. Didn’t they make you purchase the scrubs already? Some people pay extra for more fancy scrubs (e.g. figs), but if you stand out (e.g. the jogger types), they’ll give you a warning and then write you up for discipline violation.

Welcome to dental school - where you are forced to buy overpriced things you don’t need.
It's beginning to sound like boarding school to me

When is tuition due? If there's no second deposit how do they know who is actually committed and whether they should move their waitlist?
AADSAS tells them if any applicants are holding multiple spots, and then they give those students 2 weeks after that to decide whether or not they will attend Rutgers. If they do not respond, their acceptance is rescinded

Reactions: 1 user
AADSAS tells them if any applicants are holding multiple spots, and then they give those students 2 weeks after that to decide whether or not they will attend Rutgers. If they do not respond, their acceptance is rescinded
So hypothetically the waitlist should see some movement April 15? Does Rutgers see if applicants are holding multiple spots on April 1 or did it happen before then?

So hypothetically the waitlist should see some movement April 15? Does Rutgers see if applicants are holding multiple spots on April 1 or did it happen before then?
I think April 1 may have been the first day, then it’s kinda like rolling after that. If students commit to another school, then Rutgers will send them an email once they find out and give 2 weeks to decline

I just gave up my seat!

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you! lol you're right ill just stick with their set. As for loupes, I was wondering what you recommend in terms of magnification (2.5 vs 3.0)
Not a big difference between the two. Pretty much everyone gets 2.5x. You can update when you graduate if you want.

Just got accepted off the waitlist today!!!

Anyone know if there’s still a shot at being accepted off the waitlist?