Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Mine did too but I cant tell on last years thread if it means anything
don't overthink things
the only thing that means anything is accepted or rejected...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
That's not really a thing for Rutgers. I was accepted OOS, 27AA/30TS, 4.0 cGPA
just because you didn't get yield managed doesn't mean it is "not really a thing"
if you have more proof, i'm listening...

just because you didn't get yield managed doesn't mean it is "not really a thing"
if you have more proof, i'm listening...
Well stats are important of course, but it's not everything. The Dean of Admissions at my state dental school comes and present to our predental society every year and one thing she always says is you can be a 4.0 30AA student, but if you lack in other departments (shadowing, volunteering, leadership, extracurriculars) then she'd rather take a well rounded applicant with a 3.7 21 AA. She says when she's picking students for her school, they're looking for a leader who is going to be a great dentist not someone who lives in the library and doesn't interact with the community. Stats are important, but they really only get your foot the door. It's quite obvious if you participate in extracurriculars just to check off a box, especially if you don't have a good reason or story as to why you did it. At the end of my Rutgers's interview, my interviewer straight up said he was moved by my path to dentistry and that he'll do his best to sell me to his colleges cause he really wanted me at his dental school. Did my stats help my case, yes, but I am way more than my stats. Most dental schools are looking for students who possess characteristics of a great dentist, but the stats are there to show these student can actually fulfill that potential and handle the rigor of dental school.

Reactions: 1 users
Well stats are important of course, but it's not everything. The Dean of Admissions at my state dental school comes and present to our predental society every year and one thing she always says is you can be a 4.0 30AA student, but if you lack in other departments (shadowing, volunteering, leadership, extracurriculars) then she'd rather take a well rounded applicant with a 3.7 21 AA. She says when she's picking students for her school, they're looking for a leader who is going to be a great dentist not someone who lives in the library and doesn't interact with the community. Stats are important, but they really only get your foot the door. It's quite obvious if you participate in extracurriculars just to check off a box, especially if you don't have a good reason or story as to why you did it. At the end of my Rutgers's interview, my interviewer straight up said he was moved by my path to dentistry and that he'll do his best to sell me to his colleges cause he really wanted me at his dental school. Did my stats help my case, yes, but I am way more than my stats. Most dental schools are looking for students who possess characteristics of a great dentist, but the stats are there to show these student can actually fulfill that potential and handle the rigor of dental school.
so you got accepted for your story, that's awesome, congrats, but that isn't proof that yield management is "not a thing"...

so you got accepted for your story, that's awesome, congrats, but that isn't proof that yield management is "not a thing"...
To prove yield management is or isn't a thing is quite difficult. It certainly could be, but you can overcome it.

so you made a false statement, got it...
Wow so bitter. I am just acknowledging it may or may not be a thing. I can see your prospective on the subject. Assuming you're going to be a future dentist, you should be more open minded. I should be proof that Rutgers does not yield manage or else I would've been rejected. Clearly they don't just turn down students with really high stats.

Wow so bitter. I am just acknowledging it may or may not be a thing. I can see your prospective on the subject. Assuming you're going to be a future dentist, you should be more open minded. I should be proof that Rutgers does not yield manage or else I would've been rejected. Clearly they don't just turn down students with really high stats.

Beside my high stats, I also have hundreds of hours in shadowing, volunteer, DA… But maybe I don’t fit the school in certain aspects so they denied my app. Their reasons are confidential and I respect their decision. I am just sad because I think my interview in Rutgers was my best interview. English is my second language and my foreign language accent is kinda strong. Those may be the reasons.
Btw, congratulations to your acceptance.

Feels like high school drama again I’m here for it

Beside my high stats, I also have hundreds of hours in shadowing, volunteer, DA… But maybe I don’t fit the school in certain aspects so they denied my app. Their reasons are confidential and I respect their decision. I am just sad because I think my interview in Rutgers was my best interview. English is my second language and my foreign language accent is kinda strong. Those may be the reasons.
I am sure you'll get accepted else where and be a great dentist. Best of luck to you my friend :)

IYKYK

you'll likely get in somewhere else
good luck to you...

Does anyone know if they're still going to interview applicants? I havent heard back at all from them and I submitted in August.

Has anyone who submitted their deposit heard back from the school?

Is there a GroupMe active for RSDM class of 2027?

Waitlisted on Jan 20 a week after the interview and opted in the position :).

The admissions committee reviews all waitlisted applicants over again, so it doesn’t matter when your interview was. It’s not in chronological order. At least, that’s what I was told when I asked. I was interviewed pre-December and still got waitlisted lol so we’re on the same boat! It’s like going through the application cycle all over again.

Just got accepted off of the waitlist via call!

Reactions: 2 users