Rutgers (UMDNJ-Stratford) vs Udel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

anthonyn16

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have accepted my offer to Udel but I recently got off the wait-list for Rutgers - Stratford. The tuition different would be about 40k -- Rutgers (70-75k) vs Udel (~110k). Initially, Stratford was my first choice but I absolutely love the facility and the faculty after I visited Udel. I know the end result will be a dpt degree in both programs but is the quality of education worth the price difference? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
 
You are correct, the outcome is the same degree. Money is one factor to consider because you will pay it back plus interest. Personally, I'd go to the program where you saw the leadership/mentorship you desired to have guide and shape the next 3 years of your life. That really is important for your future and your overall satisfaction with the program. Best of luck to you! Peace and God bless
 
Congratulations! In my 100% biased opinion I would say Rutgers.

Lets say your loan payments end up being around 1k a month. That tuition difference is adding 4 years of payments.

If you choose Rutgers and need help getting up to speed (as we start in just over a month) feel free to PM me