RVC c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard an update on when they will begin so send out acceptances? I interviewed back on 11/20 and at my interview they told us that they were going to “try and send out a few acceptances before christmas” but if not then right after christmas. Is it impolite to ask admissions via email? Aaaah!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard an update on when they will begin so send out acceptances? I interviewed back on 11/20 and at my interview they told us that they were going to “try and send out a few acceptances before christmas” but if not then right after christmas. Is it impolite to ask admissions via email? Aaaah!
At the Q&A session they told us that too! I don't know anyone that has heard anything, either from here or a similar forum for UK students... I know last year they sent them out mid-January? So maybe next week or the week after? I really want to email them to ask but it seems too soon... but I'm also going crazy waiting! I check my email and my portal so many times per day! My only comfort is that no one else has heard either - if people start hearing and I don't hear anything, then I'll really panic.

*Edit - I lied, last year they didn't hear until 1/27 for acceptances 😵

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
At the Q&A session they told us that too! I don't know anyone that has heard anything, either from here or a similar forum for UK students... I know last year they sent them out mid-January? So maybe next week or the week after? I really want to email them to ask but it seems too soon... but I'm also going crazy waiting! I check my email and my portal so many times per day! My only comfort is that no one else has heard either - if people start hearing and I don't hear anything, then I'll really panic.

*Edit - I lied, last year they didn't hear until 1/27 for acceptances 😵
Okay well that's good to know! I wouldn't be so worried about it if they had just said that in the first place.... the suspense is killing me

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay well that's good to know! I wouldn't be so worried about it if they had just said that in the first place.... the suspense is killing me
Me too! I'm over this whole process, like can we just know already 😂 I've been in a constant state of stress since September!

They had said in my Q&A session that they would not have any sent prior to Xmas and they said they would start in January

I feel like a lot of the correspondence in the past has been sent out on a Sunday so fingers crossed that some of us hear back this weekend! Personally I have been kind of waiting to deal with my hours situation until I know if I got a conditional acceptance because the COVID situation where I live is making it basically impossible to complete them (at least with an actual volunteering organization)... Anyone else in this boat?

I've been stalking SDN for months and finally decided to make an account so I could stress out with everyone else! RVC is one of my top choices so I'm checking my email all the time, hoping for results. I interviewed on December 3rd, and at the end of the process the screen said we would be notified by mid-February. I just hope they get decisions back to us sooner than that!

Did anyone email to see if there is an update on the admission timeline?
I have not, not sure about anyone else? They said hopefully mid-January at the info session, but did say it could be later what with them being in lockdown and all. I figure they'll get decisions done eventually and have enough to deal with without my needy butt in their inbox! I have heard from UK applicants (unsure if 4- or 5-year) that they were told mid-February, which is what we were initially told after our interview. However, I know all interviews were concluded before the holiday so hopefully they are in the process of reviewing now!
I've been stalking SDN for months and finally decided to make an account so I could stress out with everyone else! RVC is one of my top choices so I'm checking my email all the time, hoping for results. I interviewed on December 3rd, and at the end of the process the screen said we would be notified by mid-February. I just hope they get decisions back to us sooner than that!
RVC is one of my top schools as well! I interviewed 11/20 and have been dying for the last 2 months. At my interview they said mid-February also, however I attended a post-interview webinar and they said that they were aiming for a majority of us to have heard by mid to late-January. Last year acceptances were sent out 1/27 (I think) and it seemed like many of those who heard first had interviewed first, although that wasn't the case for everyone. I think 5-year invites went out after the 4-year invites also. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, that's just the impression I got from stalking last year's thread.

RVC is one of my top schools as well! I interviewed 11/20 and have been dying for the last 2 months. At my interview they said mid-February also, however I attended a post-interview webinar and they said that they were aiming for a majority of us to have heard by mid to late-January. Last year acceptances were sent out 1/27 (I think) and it seemed like many of those who heard first had interviewed first, although that wasn't the case for everyone. I think 5-year invites went out after the 4-year invites also. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, that's just the impression I got from stalking last year's thread.
If they send out acceptances around the 27th this year, I will definitely be stressed out for the next 7 days! I'm being considered for the four year program. My family is sooo excited I applied - I think they're already making plans to come visit me :lol: I keep telling them not to jinx anything!

I've been stalking as well and had to make this account to let out ALL THIS STRESS!! I actually did email them yesterday because I'm just too stressedo_Oo_O. I'll let you guys know when I hear back, although I am also quite sure that we should to able to hear back around the end of Jan or maybe mid-Feb. I'm just impatient as hell right now lol.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Check your emails guys! International acceptance!! YAHOO

Edit: I should clarify, for the 4 year program!

Last edited:
International acceptance!! Best day ever :love:

International (USA) acceptance to the 4 year program!! I am so happy😭

International Acceptance😍😍😍

Very happy for everyone In the 4-year program! Maybe this means us 5-year applicants will receive word soon

Congrats to everyone accepted!! I haven't heard back from them yet! When were your interviews for International students that were accepted?

Congrats to everyone accepted!! I haven't heard back from them yet! When were your interviews for International students that were accepted?
Mine was early on 11/20

Mine was 12/3!

Mine was November 18th!

Has anyone heard back that applied for the five year program? I am so scared that not hearing back yet means no acceptance. I wish they gave us dates where we should hear back from!

Has anyone heard back that applied for the five year program? I am so scared that not hearing back yet means no acceptance. I wish they gave us dates where we should hear back from!
I am a 5-year applicant and I haven't heard yet either, I think they send out 4, then 5, then 6-year decisions maybe?

I am a 5-year applicant and I haven't heard yet either, I think they send out 4, then 5, then 6-year decisions maybe?
So at the info session they said that they split up the applicants between admissions people with no rhyme or reason to the order. They send out rolling admissions so some people that interviewed for the 4-year will hear now and some may not hear for a bit. Same for all other programs. Based on previous years, this continues into February, so I think if you haven't heard anything, then no news is good news!

Anyone know how much it is to get the Tier 4 student visa?

omg congratulations!!! I never heard back from the admission team but I think it's because they've been busy sending out acceptance letters ;)

International acceptance (4-year)!!!! 🥳🙌 Absolutely thrilled right now as RVC is my top school!

But that deposit though..... 5000 dollars!? WOOF. Guess it's time to start saving. 😳

Does anyone know when the start date of the program is in September? Or if/when orientation starts?

Does anyone know when the start date of the program is in September? Or if/when orientation starts?
This is the timetable from 2019-2020 for BVetMed (five-year) that I found on one of the other threads. I think orientation is a week to two weeks before?

Attachments

• 2019-20-bvetmed.pdf
    144 KB · Views: 110
International acceptance (4-year)!!!! 🥳🙌 Absolutely thrilled right now as RVC is my top school!

But that deposit though..... 5000 dollars!? WOOF. Guess it's time to start saving. 😳
Congratulations! I just got my acceptance also🙌
I’m curious if any other student is familiar with arranging a payment plan for the deposit. I was accepted to a few other schools and two of the international ones I was able to contact and discuss paying the deposit once financial aid roles in or paying a portion until it roles in. May be worth a shot to try!

Congratulations! I just got my acceptance also🙌
I’m curious if any other student is familiar with arranging a payment plan for the deposit. I was accepted to a few other schools and two of the international ones I was able to contact and discuss paying the deposit once financial aid roles in or paying a portion until it roles in. May be worth a shot to try!
That's a good idea! I feel like they mentioned something about it when I toured last January but at the time I was like 🤩 and wasn't paying attention to money, just how much I loved the school. Hopefully they'll give us more info at Offer Holders' day and once they send us instructions for paying it in late spring. I should have no problem paying it, however then I won't be able to save money so that I can be secure until I find a part-time job over there. Especially with the visa being almost 3k 🥴

Random questions but anyone who accepted married also? 🥺
I have questions and concerns about jobs/visas etc...

Anyone planning on bringing a dog?? Stressing

International acceptance!! This is surreal I'm so excited

Hi everyone! I was accepted to the 4 year program at RVC!! I have so many questions as I am trying to decide between RVC and CSU. If anyone has any info about cost of living, dog-friendly housing, how to obtain a car or if public transport is enough, how is traveling with a dog (do they have to ride under the plane? - he's a lab), and has anyone had a significant other that wasn't able to go with them - is communication with the time difference difficult? Thank you in advance!

• Love
Hi everyone! I was accepted to the 4 year program at RVC!! I have so many questions as I am trying to decide between RVC and CSU. If anyone has any info about cost of living, dog-friendly housing, how to obtain a car or if public transport is enough, how is traveling with a dog (do they have to ride under the plane? - he's a lab), and has anyone had a significant other that wasn't able to go with them - is communication with the time difference difficult? Thank you in advance!
Dang you must have a solid VMCAS if you got accepted at CSU out of 3,500 people

I'd also like to add the right now one USD is worth .82 euros and .73 pounds the clear benefit to RVC is if you want to practice vetmed anywhere in the world or just want to experience life in a different country for a few years your USD tuition in euros would be 44k/yr and in pounds would be almost 50k/yr

Omg we are in the SAME boat!! I’m also deciding between CSU and RVC and I have two kitty babies who would be coming with me and my husband so I’m super worried about him finding a job/visas etc 🥲

sorry not helpful at all but just here in solidarity 😂🥲

I am also looking for dog friendly housing for my first year on the Camden campus! I have two dogs, a german shepherd and a mini aussie, so if anyone wants to team up and start figuring out those kinds of logistics with me lmk! I wanna start a little group or new RVC kids who are gonna move with pets, I feel like there are at least a dozen or so besides me!

If you wanna figure out dog friendly housing together lmk! I have two I am bringing myself

Have any four year applicants ever received a conditional offer? Are you allowed to commit to two schools in case you don't meet the conditions of your offer (grades)?

Have any four year applicants ever received a conditional offer? Are you allowed to commit to two schools in case you don't meet the conditions of your offer (grades)?
I think we all did - conditions being 1. the deposit 2. the criminal convictions and 3. proof of graduation. I'm not sure about grades, if you think you will have a problem meeting the conditions if they are more specified (based on grades) then I would reach out to them and see what they recommend.

I think we all did - conditions being 1. the deposit 2. the criminal convictions and 3. proof of graduation. I'm not sure about grades, if you think you will have a problem meeting the conditions if they are more specified (based on grades) then I would reach out to them and see what they recommend.
Yeah these are conditions to take specific courses and receive specific grades. Thanks though!