Oct 29, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
are there any international students that were accepted and unsure of whether or not to go to RVC? I am worried about COVID and everything.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
Nov 19, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Yeah these are conditions to take specific courses and receive specific grades. Thanks though!
I got conditional offer also similar to yours, I want to go to RVC but I emailed them saying it was physically impossible for me to meet these conditions in the time frame they provided. Who knows?

Sep 24, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I got conditional offer also similar to yours, I want to go to RVC but I emailed them saying it was physically impossible for me to meet these conditions in the time frame they provided. Who knows?
It's so strange that they gave conditional offers like this. I know that's standard in the UK for people coming straight from high school, but I've never heard of it for international students applying from college. I could technically meet the conditions of my offer, but I'm just not willing to stake going to vet school on my grades like they need me to, and I have some other choices I love. Hope you hear good news from RVC about relaxing your offer.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 19, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
It's so strange that they gave conditional offers like this. I know that's standard in the UK for people coming straight from high school, but I've never heard of it for international students applying from college. I could technically meet the conditions of my offer, but I'm just not willing to stake going to vet school on my grades like they need me to, and I have some other choices I love. Hope you hear good news from RVC about relaxing your offer.
I completely understand where you are coming from, I unfortunately do not have other offers to choose from. I will let you know what RVC says I'm hoping that since they did offer admission, they would amend their offer slightly to something I can actually achieve. Like I was excited about getting accepted for all of 3 seconds.....basically until I saw the conditions of admissions

neocaridinadavidi

SGU c/o 2025
Nov 15, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
do y'all think no email today means rejection? I wish schools just sent all decisions out at the same time :/ .

Nov 19, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
do y'all think no email today means rejection? I wish schools just sent all decisions out at the same time :/ .
No, the 4 year applicants received offers over several days, it's safe to assume the same will hold true for 5 year applicants

Jan 22, 2021
Adding to what nccope said, I saw 4'year applicants getting acceptances over a couple of days, the last comment being on a Friday, so look out for an email tomorrow 👀

jji3798

2+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
For those who got accepted to the program, can i ask how much the annual tuition fee is for 2021 entrance?

About the Ads

neocaridinadavidi

SGU c/o 2025
Nov 15, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
George Clooney Film GIF by NETFLIX

me refreshing my email/portal

• Haha
Nov 19, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
George Clooney Film GIF by NETFLIX

me refreshing my email/portal

I wish I could express how it feels to get accepted to vet school and within 2 seconds be crushed because you realize that unless you're Hermione Granger, it is physically impossible for you to meet their Conditions for admission.

Sep 24, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I wish I could express how it feels to get accepted to vet school and within 2 seconds be crushed because you realize that unless you're Hermione Granger, it is physically impossible for you to meet their Conditions for admission.
I’m so sorry! Did they say if they’re willing to adjust your offer? Doesn’t seem fair if it’s literally impossible.

Nov 19, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I’m so sorry! Did they say if they’re willing to adjust your offer? Doesn’t seem fair if it’s literally impossible.
They are so busy they replied this morning, after like a week. Basically they questioned me asking why I couldn't meet them on time so I tried to explain the circumstances. And I guess I'll have to wait another week to update, unless I call. 🤷‍♂️

It's one of those cases where my VMCAS says one thing but then COVID happened and I don't think I'm even taking of the classes right now that my VMCAS says

Nov 19, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I am so sorry - I know it doesn't help at all to say this but at least you WERE accepted. That's a huge achievement in and of itself. If they don't bend on these impossible conditions it would be so awful but it would have nothing to do with you and you'll know you were at least good enough to get in somewhere that you'll be more confident going into the next cycle of admissions??
The thing is you are good enough, it's just literally a crap shoot, like if almost 4000 people didn't apply to CSU I probably would have gotten accepted there. Like it doesn't reflect you as a person though

Nov 19, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Also today is officially the end of "early February" so I am actually annoyed that I don't know anything yet!! But also I have an acceptance somewhere else I'm just whining on this thread because I am impatient and hate waiting for this whole admissions process to be over
See I've been rejected from every other school I applied to sooooo 🤣

emxraldcity

c/o 2026
Jan 17, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Has anyone gotten any more info about the offer holder’s day? I know it’s supposed to be the 17th, but I just realized that’s less than a week away now and I haven’t gotten more information on timing/agenda!

Jan 20, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I haven't received any info since I registered but I'm hoping they'll be sending out another email soon! I have so many questions 😅

Sep 6, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Does anyone know if they are going to send out another round of acceptances I have not gotten anything and I interviewed in November ?

About the Ads

emxraldcity

c/o 2026
Jan 17, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I haven't received any info since I registered but I'm hoping they'll be sending out another email soon! I have so many questions 😅
Do you know where I should go to register? My acceptance email said that they would send more information on how to register, but I haven't received an email about that either 😔 I have so many questions as well! Researching everything to do with getting a visa and preparing to move internationally is making my head spin lol

Jan 20, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Do you know where I should go to register? My acceptance email said that they would send more information on how to register, but I haven't received an email about that either 😔 I have so many questions as well! Researching everything to do with getting a visa and preparing to move internationally is making my head spin lol
You should have gotten an email with the title "RVC Q&A session link and Virtual Offer Holder Day" with the link to sign up. You need your RVC Student Number (the one in your offer email) to register. If you can't find it, I can send you a DM with the link I received, I just don't think I should paste it here

emxraldcity

c/o 2026
Jan 17, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
You should have gotten an email with the title "RVC Q&A session link and Virtual Offer Holder Day" with the link to sign up. You need your RVC Student Number (the one in your offer email) to register. If you can't find it, I can send you a DM with the link I received, I just don't think I should paste it here
I can’t seem to find that in my email, so it would be great if you can DM me with the link! Thank you!!

neocaridinadavidi

SGU c/o 2025
Nov 15, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
is it fair to say at this point no news is probably bad news considering offer holder day is coming up so soon?

Jan 20, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
is it fair to say at this point no news is probably bad news considering offer holder day is coming up so soon?
I'm trying really hard not to think so but I have to say it is starting to look like that.... I still want to be positive and see what happens on Monday but the odds are getting lower and lower now...

• Sad
Sep 6, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
If you look at last years thread they were giving out acceptances for a while (I think some even in March). The also had an offer holder day in April so they probably have more than one event.

emxraldcity

c/o 2026
Jan 17, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
On the email I received about offer holder day, they mentioned that they plan on having more than one in case the timing for the one coming soon isn’t convenient so hopefully that means acceptances are still going out as well! I think that they go by batches and send out acceptances and rejections as they go along.

Feb 17, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Accepted into the 4-year program! I'm so excited to be attending RVC

I'm a bit new to this forum, but I wanted to get the ball rolling on me moving across the world (I'm from Canada). I'm looking in bringing my cat over which complicates things further - anyone have further insight into accommodations. Anyone looking for a roommate to get a flat?

Let me know!

ZooVetHopeful97

2+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Accepted international 4 year program on 01/22! Just received my rejection letter from the other school I applied to so RVC it is!! Does anyone have any info on potential scholarships we can apply for as international students??

Feb 18, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Hi everyone! I'm a new user and not from the US but an international applicant. I applied to the RVC 4-year and 5-year because it's the only school that I know of that even has an international scholarship. I got accepted to the 4-year but with the pound going up and I don't have the best grades nor heaps of work experience that I know many US applicants have, so I doubt I will even be in the running for it.

I still have till July to fulfill my conditional offer (get a few more hours of work experience) and time to think about whether it's worth paying the deposit. I was hoping that Brexit was going to devalue the pound and it would be a great time to study in the UK. I'm also interviewing for Bristol and if I get accepted I'm leaning towards them as tuition is around 4000 pounds cheaper than RVC + living expenses.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads