RVC c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AK9800

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody who applied to the royal veterinary college has heard anything about interviews. In an email I received after submitting my app, they said that they would hope to contact everyone by the end of October, but I haven't heard anything since then.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anybody who applied to the royal veterinary college has heard anything about interviews. In an email I received after submitting my app, they said that they would hope to contact everyone by the end of October, but I haven't heard anything since then.
Haven't heard anything either

Same here I haven’t heard anything since the confirmation email that they received my application

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite for the five year program!

Congrats! Did you apply only for consideration for the 5 year program or for both the 5 year and accelerated program? Thanks!

Congrats! Did you apply only for consideration for the 5 year program or for both the 5 year and accelerated program? Thanks!
Thank you! I applied for both but only got an invite to be considered for the 5 year program

Reactions: 1 user
I applied only to the 4 year program and have yet to hear. Fingers crossed for all of you!

Anyone else still waiting to hear from RVC? I’m trying not to get down on myself but every day I don’t see an email I feel like I’m one day closer to the rejection 😅 are these invites going out in waves or just kinda random?

I am not entirely positive but, I saw on the thread last year that they tended to send out 5 year invites first then 4 year invites

I also received a 4 yr interview invite this morning! I actually received two emails about it, with the second one having the portal login info.

Congrats guys! If we haven’t gotten an invite for either program by now is it time to lose hope? Lol

I received an invite to the 5 year on monday (I applied for both)! I emailed back mentioning that I should qualify for the 4 year as well—they said I didn’t have enough organic chemistry credits but I have 10—but they haven’t gotten back to me yet. good luck to everyone!

I just got an invite to interview for the 4 year program

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got the email!!! Interview invite for the 4 year program!

Reactions: 1 users
I also go an invite to interview for the 4 year program!

My email has a portal link and login info, but the link times out whenever I try to access it, anyone else having this issue?

Did anyone who got an interview invite for the 5 year program receive an email with the portal link? All I’ve gotten is the original email saying that I’m invited to an interview and more details will be sent shortly.

Does anyone know what the requirements are for proof of animal hours? Like, does it have to be on letterhead? What exactly would the letter need to say, etc.? TIA!

Does anyone know what the requirements are for proof of animal hours? Like, does it have to be on letterhead? What exactly would the letter need to say, etc.? TIA!
if you google rvc experience proof example, an official example comes up

Did anyone who got an interview invite for the 5 year program receive an email with the portal link? All I’ve gotten is the original email saying that I’m invited to an interview and more details will be sent shortly.
I'm in the same boat :(

if you google rvc experience proof example, an official example comes up
For some reason that isn't working for me, but I appreciate the response! I'll try emailing them to find out.

**Update, I found it in the initial email sent out by RVC confirming receipt of application**

Does anyone have the status for the animal hours evidence or the vet hours evidence not say "required" in their portal? I thought one of my letters of rec would have filled the animal hours requirement. Also does anyone know when we have to show evidence by? Like it is due before the interview or just required before we start school?

Does anyone have the status for the animal hours evidence or the vet hours evidence not say "required" in their portal? I thought one of my letters of rec would have filled the animal hours requirement. Also does anyone know when we have to show evidence by? Like it is due before the interview or just required before we start school?
I believe they said it is required to be completed by your interview

I got rejected today! Happy monday! Lol. T_T

Was the portal info only sent to people who were invited to interview for the 4 year program??

Was the portal info only sent to people who were invited to interview for the 4 year program??
I'm not sure. I was originally invited to interview for the 5-year program but after speaking with admissions, they decided to have me interview for the 4-year program instead. However, this was last week and I have yet to receive further details, nor a portal link.

Do y’all know if we should have LORs emailed over to a certain address to confirm hours of animal experience? Or should we get them written and ask our recommenders to send it over to us and attach it to the place in the portal?

4 yr interview invite recieved! Do we have MyPortal access yet? the email said to respond to the portal but I have no login info
The email for the invitation gives you your student ID and temporary password along with the link towards the middle of the email.

I received the interview invitation for the 4yr program last week!

Hi! Applicant from last year and currently in the 4 year program.

I don't know if it'll be different this year vs when I applied as they still operated on a more flexible COVID basis but I wasn't able to get proof for one of my veterinary experiences from a vet I worked under in time for my interview due to some huge unexpected events in their life. I emailed the school explaining why and I was still able to go through my interview without any issues. The admissions team just asked that I could submit the proof as soon as possible afterwards, so if nothing else shoot them an email to see what they say about your circumstances if you're facing any hang ups on getting it in time.

As for the proof letters themselves, my LORs were not the same as experience proof. These separate experience proof documents were to be uploaded on the application portal and written by whoever I worked under. I needed separate proof for all clinic/veterinary experiences while my general animal husbandry/handling experiences didn't however your mileage may vary depending on what's listed as required on your portal. One of my listed required experiences was working under a veterinarian at my old university so it was on school letterhead + ink signature + contact information. The other one they asked for wasn't on letterhead but it did include the official clinic contact information and the head vet's personal details + ink signature so they accepted that. If you need an idea on what the proof letter would need to look like, this is a good example.

Good luck!

Have you heard back from them yet? I'm considering reaching out

Have you heard back from them yet? I'm considering reaching out
So right after I said I haven’t heard back from them yet I received an email from them with all the details for my interview and how to log in to my portal. You should probably get some more info soon!

I have my interview tomorrow actually! Interesting that they didn't state the date/time of your interview since that was the first line of text in the email I received. Have you reached out to them about it? I'm interviewing for the four year program, though, so it may be different depending on the program you're applying to.

I have my interview tomorrow actually! Interesting that they didn't state the date/time of your interview since that was the first line of text in the email I received. Have you reached out to them about it? I'm interviewing for the four year program, though, so it may be different depending on the program you're applying to.
Good luck tomorrow! I emailed them.
I applied for the 4 year program. They told me I had an outstanding prereq and was offered a 5 year program interview. I'm taking that class in the spring, so I cleared that up with them and they told I would receive an interview invite for the 4 year program. Just been waiting awhile.

Hi I'm interviewing for the 5 year program because I don't have enough upper level bio classes. I don't see anywhere to upload or post my proof documents of experience. Do they not require this for 5 year applicants, only 4 year? Thank you all. For additional reference, my portal has "evidence of 70 hours of experience" already listed as "accepted" with no button to upload anything.

Hi I'm interviewing for the 5 year program because I don't have enough upper level bio classes. I don't see anywhere to upload or post my proof documents of experience. Do they not require this for 5 year applicants, only 4 year? Thank you all. For additional reference, my portal has "evidence of 70 hours of experience" already listed as "accepted" with no button to upload anything.
Mine says the same thing. I could be wrong but I think that means your letters of recommendation that you submitted through VMCAS are enough proof of the 70 hours of animal and vet experience requirements.

Does anyone have details on the start date for RVC? do we know that classes will definitively be in person semester one?

Does anyone have details on the start date for RVC? do we know that classes will definitively be in person semester one?
I'm not sure on the exact start date, but typically they start up around the last week of September. The student ambassador at my interview said that lectures should be in-person by then, unless the government dictates otherwise.

Hi all, I have an interview at RVC in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if there are any maths based questions in the MMI? If so, do you know what kind of questions these will be?

I have my interview with them tomorrow morning! Let me know if you have any questions, I'll try to be helpful without disclosing anything too specific.

I have my interview with them tomorrow morning! Let me know if you have any questions, I'll try to be helpful without disclosing anything too specific.
Let us know how it goes! How are you preparing?