RVC c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Let us know how it goes! How are you preparing?
It went really well! If I remember correctly there were 7 questions total and you had 1 minute to read the prompt (if there was one) and prepare, then 5 minutes (which was a bit short in some cases) to answer the questions. The interviewers were all friendly and engaging, it was a very different feel from the Davis MMI where they were a bit more robotic. We also had a student check our ID's and speak with us before we were sent to breakout rooms, so it was a nice way to break the stress, ask questions, and learn where all the other students were from before starting.

In terms of preparing, I'd recommend googling MMI questions and finding a friend to read the prompt and listen to your response, so it actually simulates a real interview. Most schools in the US have reviews on their interviews here. Make sure you're looking at schools which follow the MMI format as it's different from a traditional interview.

Also below is a YouTube video which was helpful in informing me how to approach the MMI. Essentially it's not so much about getting a "correct" answer, but more about seeing how you think and interact with the questions.

Best of luck, you'll do great!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Had my interview today and it was actually kind of fun! (I am usually NOT a fan of interviews lol). My first ever MMI too, but all the interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. No clue if I actually did well lol but just wanted to give some encouragement to anyone who hasn't had their interview yet not to stress too much about it.

Reactions: 3 users
I had my interview on Friday and I prepared looking up typical MMI questions. I have no idea if I did well but the interviewers were all very nice and welcoming!! There’s honestly no real way to feel completely prepared for this type of interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there’s an admissions timeline or a set time frame we’re supposed to hear about decisions? I thoroughly enjoyed my interview and couldn’t be more anxious to hear decisions!!

Does anyone know if there’s an admissions timeline or a set time frame we’re supposed to hear about decisions? I thoroughly enjoyed my interview and couldn’t be more anxious to hear decisions!!
I believe they said we would hear by mid February

I believe they said we would hear by mid February
I wonder if it's possible we'll hear back sooner.....February feels so far away! I know in past years people have heard back in late Dec/Jan, but I'm not sure if they started interviews earlier in those years.

I wonder if it's possible we'll hear back sooner.....February feels so far away! I know in past years people have heard back in late Dec/Jan, but I'm not sure if they started interviews earlier in those years.
That would be great! I only just had my interview this week (4 year program) but I would love if it was sooner!

That would be awesome because I’m seriously stressing right now lol

They start sending out admissions decisions mid February but fair warning, they don't send them out all at once! They send out the decisions in batches depending on the program (4 year went out first last year, then 5 year), so don't be discouraged if you don't all get yours at the same time.

Hi friends! happy new year! I'm currently being considered for the 5 year program, due to a lack of all the upper div bio pre-reqs. I told RVC that I'm finishing those classes before matriculation, but they haven't confirmed that I would be given the 4 year program once accepted. Has this happened to anyone else? Thank you!!

Hi friends! happy new year! I'm currently being considered for the 5 year program, due to a lack of all the upper div bio pre-reqs. I told RVC that I'm finishing those classes before matriculation, but they haven't confirmed that I would be given the 4 year program once accepted. Has this happened to anyone else? Thank you!!
How did you know you were accepted already?

Hi there! This happened to me as well but I haven't sent proof that I will take the additional course in the Spring since I haven't gotten approval from my school yet. I am getting a bit nervous since nobody is answering me about adding this course so I can be considered for the 4 year...

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know if the anatomy/physiology requirement has to be upper div or can I take it at a community college?

When I applied they originally sent me an email saying I would be interviewed for the 5 year program due to a lack of upper division bio but in the email it said if I felt like I had these requirements I could email them back with proof and they would consider me for 4 year program. I did email them back with a list of classes I have/would be taking and they put me into 4 year program interview pool. This was all back in November when they sent out interview emails. Hope this helps!!!!

Do you guys know if the anatomy/physiology requirement has to be upper div or can I take it at a community college?
Also, I wanted to add to this! Does anyone know if it has to be anatomy/physiology? Is there any other course that can satisfy this prerequisite?

Does anyone know when we're meant to hear back regarding admission?

Just received an offer for the 4 year program today! It came about an hour ago by email.

Reactions: 4 users
That's great to hear! Happy for you

Congrats! Did your portal change as well after you got the email?
Thank you! And yes, it did, it changed to "conditional offer" and then has the conditions specific to me, such as which classes I still need to take (since I'm still finishing my undergraduate).

Also received an acceptance (international/us) for the 4 year program this morning (6:30 EST)!

Reactions: 2 users
Received acceptance today at 8am PST! Interviewed 12/7.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received an acceptance today? Do we know if they'll be sending anything over the weekend or can I stop having a heart attack every time I get an email notification...? Lol

Hello all. I am an international applicant from the US and I received my acceptance email on Friday (Jan 28th). I interviewed in mid December.

Now that I have been accepted I am wondering about housing, as I would prefer private housing. Would any of you local applicants care to lend some advice on areas I should keep my eye on and websites I should use to search for properties to rent?

Just got an offer for the 4 year program 🙂 interviewed on the 9th

Does anyone know how they send out acceptances like based on interview date or last name?

Does anyone know how they send out acceptances like based on interview date or last name?
I believe it goes by application score/ranking. I would imagine they are still reviewing applications and making decisions for most applicants. It seems as of now they are releasing decisions for the international applicant pool (possibly only US right now because that's all I've seen so far). I may be wrong.

Are there any current students on here willing to answer some questions?

Received my acceptance this morning at 6am MST (US applicant)!!! So so so excited! Congratulations to everyone else accepted, I’ll hopefully be meeting you all in the fall!

So I’m assuming all of the acceptances have been 4 year so far? I’ve seen in previous threads that they sent out 4 year than 5 year acceptances.

I applied for the 5 year path and interviewed Dec 8th, should I be worried I didn't receive an email?

I am hoping it is by pathway (ex. 4 year or 5 year). I doubt it is by last name and it definitely is not by interview date because I interviewed with many of the people who were accepted today and yesterday. I think I would have received a rejection or acceptance letter by now if it were.

Hey everyone!

I received a conditional offer earlier this morning @ 6 am (PST) through email for their 4-year program! I'm a US student and interviewed on December 15th.

Hope that helps; good luck :)

Does anyone remember the stats they revealed during the zoom meeting regarding the amount interviewed/accepted for the 5-year program?

Does anyone remember the stats they revealed during the zoom meeting regarding the amount interviewed/accepted for the 5-year program?
I’m not sure of the exact numbers but it was ~600 interviews and ~300 acceptances.

I’m not sure of the exact numbers but it was ~600 interviews and ~300 acceptances.
yeah that sounds about right I think. God I can't wait to find out