-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
RVC c/o 2026
Started by AK9800
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Me too. It’s all I can think about 😅yeah that sounds about right I think. God I can't wait to find out
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sheepgirl16
Full Member
Congratulations!! When did you interview?I just got an offer to the 4 year program! 🙂 My first vet school acceptance!!
December 8th! And thank you!Congratulations!! When did you interview?
CombatWombat26
Full Member
Seeing this makes me so happy, CONGRATS!!I just got an offer to the 4 year program! 🙂 My first vet school acceptance!!
Thank you!!Seeing this makes me so happy, CONGRATS!!
CombatWombat26
Full Member
Just got accepted! 5-Year!!
Congrats!!! When did you interview?Just got accepted! 5-Year!!
sheepgirl16
Full Member
I interviewed for the 4-year program and still haven't heard anything 🙁 Should I assume I'm not getting in?? I'm so stressed about it!!
me too :/I interviewed for the 4-year program and still haven't heard anything 🙁 Should I assume I'm not getting in?? I'm so stressed about it!!
virtualphlebotomist
New Member
5 year program acceptance this morning 🙂 from la
I don't know if I would worry just yet. I took a look at last year's thread and it looks like the 4-year acceptances were spread out from Jan 22-Jan 28, while the 5-year acceptances were spread out from February 4 to March 4. So, it is possible that it could take about a month for them to get back to you.I interviewed for the 4-year program and still haven't heard anything 🙁 Should I assume I'm not getting in?? I'm so stressed about it!!
CombatWombat26
Full Member
I am a US applicant, I interviewed Dec. 8th!Congrats!!! When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m so excited for all of us🥰 I still have a few more to hear back from, but I honestly can’t see myself turning down this place. AHHH so exciting!!!
And for everyone still waiting, I’ve heard that they’ll send out acceptances usually over about a month, so don’t give up hope and don’t stress too much!
And for everyone still waiting, I’ve heard that they’ll send out acceptances usually over about a month, so don’t give up hope and don’t stress too much!
glizzygob
Full Member
I got accepted into the 5 year program today! I emailed an updated transcript & reiterated my last 2 year’s gpa for consideration into the 4 year program since I applied but haven’t gotten a response. I know they’re probably swamped but does anyone know if there’s still a chance for consideration for the 4 year program?
CombatWombat26
Full Member
Is anyone else from the US and wanting to bring their pet(s) with them to London? I have been searching but no luck finding any info on boarding that allows pets
vet_student
Full Member
I'm on the same boat as you! I really want the 4 year program 🙁I got accepted into the 5 year program today! I emailed an updated transcript & reiterated my last 2 year’s gpa for consideration into the 4 year program since I applied but haven’t gotten a response. I know they’re probably swamped but does anyone know if there’s still a chance for consideration for the 4 year program?
I am going to follow this comment because I too will be bringing one or two of my fur babies.Is anyone else from the US and wanting to bring their pet(s) with them to London? I have been searching but no luck finding any info on boarding that allows pets
If anything I feel this switch may be possible once the school knows how many student reject their offers for the 4-year program, which would not be until around the April deadline to accept offers. Keep in mind, I believe there is a wait list so I am not sure how that would be sorted.I got accepted into the 5 year program today! I emailed an updated transcript & reiterated my last 2 year’s gpa for consideration into the 4 year program since I applied but haven’t gotten a response. I know they’re probably swamped but does anyone know if there’s still a chance for consideration for the 4 year program?
CombatWombat26
Full Member
I am *hoping* to bring my two cats but it is difficult to find a place that 1) allows animals and 2) has a decent price with decent square footage for them to chase each other. If we could get a group of us with pets together to rent a townhouse, it may end up working out!I am going to follow this comment because I too will be bringing one or two of my fur babies.
aparis1412
New Member
Accepted to the 5-year program on Feb 14!
Interviewed on December 10th 🙂
Interviewed on December 10th 🙂
CombatWombat26
Full Member
What an amazing Valentine’s Day! are you an international applicant (US, Canada, etc)?
aparis1412
New Member
I'm from the US!What an amazing Valentine’s Day! are you an international applicant (US, Canada, etc)?
regallyblonde
New Member
Does anyone have an idea on how many people are waitlisted for each program?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sheepgirl16
Full Member
When did you find this out? Did they email you?I was put on hold for the 4 year program. Does anyone have any insight regarding how many people that are waitlisted get off the list?
regallyblonde
New Member
Also found out today and yes they emailedWhen did you find this out? Did they email you?
They emailed me earlier today.When did you find this out? Did they email you?
Kelsey Kolb
New Member
Hey, so I just got the email this morning letting me know that I was put on hold for their 4 year program, but they offered me a seat in their 5 year program. They also said that should I choose to accept the 5 year offer, my position on the 4 year waitlist will not be affected. I am a US applicant and interviewed on December 6, 2021.
sheepgirl16
Full Member
I also got this and interviewed on December 6th!Hey, so I just got the email this morning letting me know that I was put on hold for their 4 year program, but they offered me a seat in their 5 year program. They also said that should I choose to accept the 5 year offer, my position on the 4 year waitlist will not be affected. I am a US applicant and interviewed on December 6, 2021.
VaudevilleD
Full Member
International acceptance to the 4 yr program and I interviewed early December. They just sent the email this morning, but I will be declining my seat. Congrats to everyone and good luck!!
Did anyone else read that international students who have been accepted into the accelerated 4-year program are not eligible for student loans? I hope I am misreading this.
www.rvc.ac.uk
Tuition Fees for Home and International - 2022/23 - Fees - Fees and Funding - Study - Royal Veterinary College, RVC
Tuition fees 2022/23 for Home and International students at The Royal Veterinary College
I have been wondering the same thing.Does anyone know the actual start-date??? Everywhere seems to just say 'September' but nothing specific!!
Wow, I didn’t even notice that! I might send them an email to clarify. They’re already asking for so much to save my seat 😭Did anyone else read that international students who have been accepted into the accelerated 4-year program are not eligible for student loans? I hope I am misreading this.
Tuition Fees for Home and International - 2022/23 - Fees - Fees and Funding - Study - Royal Veterinary College, RVC
Tuition fees 2022/23 for Home and International students at The Royal Veterinary Collegewww.rvc.ac.uk
I emailed them that same day and they told me that supposedly I was looking at the UK resident section (though it clearly says international). BUT they assured that for the 4-year accelerated program, US students are eligible for US federal loans.Wow, I didn’t even notice that! I might send them an email to clarify. They’re already asking for so much to save my seat 😭
Attachments
Last edited:
Does anyone have any insight into housing availability with a dog? My boyfriend may also be going with me and he is a High School Choir Teacher in the US and I am wondering about job opportunities for him there. Let me know if anyone knows anything 🙂 Thanks!
You can become a dual citizen if your grandparents or parents were born in England. I’m a dual citizen but, they still would have charged me as an international student because I didnt have residency in England. They asked for proof of me living there for an extended amount of time and I wouldve been moving there for school so I didn’t have that. They sent me a seperate form before interviews to fill out to determine if I was international or a resident and it seemed like once you were grouped you are locked into that group. Best of luck!anyone have any insight into applying for dual citizenship (i am a u.s citizen but have family in london) to lower tuition costs after the first year? thanks
Also when applying for dual citizenship make sure you submit the right size passport picture. They have a weird dimension requirement for the photo thats very different from the US so it was a pain finding somewhere in the states who could take the right size pic.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sheepgirl16
Full Member
Has anyone received an update about the waitlist for the 4 - year program?
scrubs4life
New Member
I haven't gotten any updates
sheepgirl16
Full Member
Update: Just received an email that I have been been moved off the waitlist and have received an offer for the 4-year accelerated program!