UPenn vs. RVC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alysedunnwald

Reaction score
Hi! I am from Southern California and currently deciding between UPenn and RVC. I am interested in wildlife/ conservation medicine and research. Besides cost, what are some pros and cons of each school? I am struggling to make a decision, as both schools are great options. Any input would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there! I am not a student at either school but I did visit Penn for the welcome event and asked some questions about wildlife. I myself have no experience but it’s one of those things I’d like to dip my toes into before finishing vet school. It seems they do some research up at wildlife futures up at the New Bolton Center, an hour away from main campus, but it’s not very hands on, tagging species, researching environmental impact, etc. So if you wanted more of a wildlife clinic experience, Penn may not be the school for you. That being said, there is a special species club and a wildlife club. They seem to organize a lot of educational events and lunch and learns. This is just my outsiders perspective though. I thought I’d just start of the reply section with what I learned this weekend :)