RVC vs SGU vs Edinburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hello all!
I could really use some advice on which school to go to. I got waitlisted for my in-state school and will figure out where I am on the waitlist in April. In the mean time I got accepted into three international schools. Due to COVID-19 I had to cancel all of my trips to visit these schools so my decision is based on my research. I would like some information from current students at each school and why they choose the school that they did. Anything you can tell me would help! Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I don't know if this will help but my friend also got into both RVC and Edinburgh and got to visit both campuses a week or two ago. She ended up choosing Edinburgh after visiting the two universities. Her reason was that although she liked how everything was online & accessible from any computer, London and the RVC are expensive to get around and not easy to do. She mentioned that to get to and from the RVC was like 10 pounds and the shuttle service is spotty so you would need another form of transportation. Plus, she mentioned that there was nothing to do in Potter's Bar and because of the prices of bus rides, it is expensive to visit London for the night life. The tuition at RVC is not fixed either so it'll increase every year so keep that in mind. On the other hand, Edinburgh's tuition is fixed and the school subsidizes 3 months worth from the bus pass. There are 3 routes to Edinburgh's campus as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I don't know if this will help but my friend also got into both RVC and Edinburgh and got to visit both campuses a week or two ago. She ended up choosing Edinburgh after visiting the two universities. Her reason was that although she liked how everything was online & accessible from any computer, London and the RVC are expensive to get around and not easy to do. She mentioned that to get to and from the RVC was like 10 pounds and the shuttle service is spotty so you would need another form of transportation. Plus, she mentioned that there was nothing to do in Potter's Bar and because of the prices of bus rides, it is expensive to visit London for the night life. The tuition at RVC is not fixed either so it'll increase every year so keep that in mind. On the other hand, Edinburgh's tuition is fixed and the school subsidizes 3 months worth from the bus pass. There are 3 routes to Edinburgh's campus as well.
That's good to know! Thank you for the information. Was there anything else about the campuses that don't involve expenses that your friend liked/disliked.

Yeah! She mentioned that Edinburgh was not as thorough as RVC in making sure everything was available online for students but it was still better than our IS school (which is Texas A&M). She thought Edinburgh's campus was a lot more beautiful than RVC, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Regarding the two cities, she said that London was just way too big and hectic for her and that Edinburgh was the perfect medium, a big city that is still walkable & not nearly as hectic. She mentioned that one of the two campuses' LA hospital, though new, was super drafty & cold but I'm not sure which school she's talking about. You can probably look up when the LA hospital of each school was renovated.

EDIT: My fried replied back to me again! She said that it was the Edinburgh's LA hospital that was drafty and cold. She also mentioned that she liked the nature surrounding Edinburgh: there are hills surrounding the campus and you can ride horses up them!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user