RVCOM - New Colorado School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bioteach

MSIV
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw through osteopathic.org and old posts here that a new DO school is supposed to be opening soon. I live in Colorado right now and plan on focusing on DO schools. As a result, I am already planning on having to move to go to school. However, if a new DO school opened in Colorado....

I can't find any recent info on the new school. There are old posts from several months ago, but no recent info. Does anyone know if this school is still planning on accepting apps for the 2008 cycle?

Also, is it a bad thing to be the first class of a new school? Should I stick to established DO schools?

Members don't see this ad.

From DO-online.org front page

"RVUCOM Breaks Ground

Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM) broke ground on its new medical campus on March 23, 2007, on 40 acres of land in Parker, Colorado.

RVUCOM will concentrate on recruiting students from Colorado and the mountain west, increasing opportunities for medical education for students in the region. The institution will open in August 2008 with a class size of 150 osteopathic medical students and will reach a total enrollment of 600 students by 2011.

The university is currently developing partnerships with community hospitals in Denver, Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Grand Junction and other areas of the state for clinical education. "Our intent is to provide educational exposure in divergent settings throughout the state to develop physicians who are culturally competent and dedicated to meeting the healthcare needs of underserved populations in community-based clinical and hospital settings," said Ron Martin, DO, CEO of Rocky Vista University."

And it looks like you will have an upper hand at getting in.

Damn. I live 14 miles from the CO border.