This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

California1904

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, I just want to say I appreciate your advice/input.

RVU-CO
Pros
  • Curriculum/Board Scores
  • Location (SO, Family, Skiing)
  • UltraSound Emphasis in curriculum

Cons
  • Unclear on what rotations look like, quality?
  • Reputation? (I read a lot of issues with CU and "for-profit status", I'd like to learn more about these)

MSU-COM
Pros
  • Established/Reputation
  • Research
  • Stable/Strong Rotations

Cons
  • Distance from home
  • Concerned about limited opportunities outside of Michigan

Summary: I like that RVU-CO offers a great osteopathic education in an awesome location for me. However, I worry about their rotations and reputation. I like that MSU-COM is reputable and established, I feel comfort in their established rotation sites. However, I feel more uncomfortable moving to Michigan than Colorado. Are both schools at about the same "level" that I should just pick which one I'll be happiest at?