This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

California1904

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I just want to say I appreciate your advice/input in advance.
I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to make a decision between the two, I just want to be making the right one.

RVU-CO
Pros
  • Curriculum/Board Scores
  • Location (SO, Family, Skiing)
  • UltraSound Emphasis in curriculum

Cons
  • Unclear on what rotations look like, quality?
  • Reputation? (I read a lot of issues with CU and "for-profit status", I'd like to learn more about these)

MSU-COM
Pros
  • Established/Reputation
  • Research
  • Stable/Strong Rotations

Cons
  • Distance from home
  • Concerned about limited opportunities outside of Michigan

Summary: I like that RVU-CO offers a great osteopathic education in an awesome location for me. However, I worry about their rotations and reputation. I like that MSU-COM is reputable and established, I feel comfort in their established rotation sites. However, I feel more uncomfortable moving to Michigan than Colorado. Are both schools at about the same "level" that I should just pick which one I'll be happiest at?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, I just want to say I appreciate your advice/input in advance.
I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to make a decision between the two, I just want to be making the right one.

RVU-CO
Pros
  • Curriculum/Board Scores
  • Location (SO, Family, Skiing)
  • UltraSound Emphasis in curriculum

Cons
  • Unclear on what rotations look like, quality?
  • Reputation? (I read a lot of issues with CU and "for-profit status", I'd like to learn more about these)

MSU-COM
Pros
  • Established/Reputation
  • Research
  • Stable/Strong Rotations

Cons
  • Distance from home
  • Concerned about limited opportunities outside of Michigan

Summary: I like that RVU-CO offers a great osteopathic education in an awesome location for me. However, I worry about their rotations and reputation. I like that MSU-COM is reputable and established, I feel comfort in their established rotation sites. However, I feel more uncomfortable moving to Michigan than Colorado. Are both schools at about the same "level" that I should just pick which one I'll be happiest at?
Have you considered cost as well or is that a non factor

Have you considered cost as well or is that a non factor
Thank you for your reply. Yes I have considered cost, the amount of indebtedness I come out of both situations in my situation will be fairly similar.