girlydawg

2+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey all!

I tried searching for a thread for those applying for the 2020-2021 year, but couldn't find anything so I apologize if I am repeating a thread here.
I was accepted today to RVU MSBS in Colorado and was wondering if anyone else has been accepted yet. I am also looking for pet-friendly living arrangements!

Nov 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey all!

I tried searching for a thread for those applying for the 2020-2021 year, but couldn't find anything so I apologize if I am repeating a thread here.
I was accepted today to RVU MSBS in Colorado and was wondering if anyone else has been accepted yet. I am also looking for pet-friendly living arrangements!
Do you mind sharing how long it took for you to hear back after submitting your application?

Oct 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey all!

Hey do you mind sharing your stats?

About the Ads

llester

2+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey all!

My application to the Southern Utah campus was verified in PostBacCas on 11/12 and I’m waiting to hear the decision.

Did they notify you via email or snail mail?

Reactions: soshedid

hopelessdreamer95

2+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys. I just got accepted into RVU's MSBS program yesterday, even though I missed the official call last night lol. I decided on Colorado as the more established campus. I'm still weighing my options with the other programs I've applied to, but after talking to their Program Director today, RVU is definitely up there now. I hope the program really has changed since the initial thread that was made in 2017.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys. I just got accepted into RVU's MSBS program yesterday, even though I missed the official call last night lol. I decided on Colorado as the more established campus. I'm still weighing my options with the other programs I've applied to, but after talking to their Program Director today, RVU is definitely up there now. I hope the program really has changed since the initial thread that was made in 2017.

Would you mind sharing some of the things the program director told you that swayed your opinion of the program?

Reactions: hopelessdreamer95

hopelessdreamer95

2+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Would you mind sharing some of the things the program director told you that swayed your opinion of the program?
For me, Dr. Town was pretty upfront with how much of a mess the program was when it was initiated, so the complaints from the the earlier threads were corroborated. She told me she collaborated with the RVU's committee to essentially revamp the entire program from the ground up and all of their students have been satisfied with the new implementations that were made since. She also mentioned that half of their 32 students were automatically accepted into their DO school for the following cycle after meeting the criteria mentioned on their admissions website.

It's a tough program but, according to their Program Director, they will attempt to help their students meet their end goals. So despite the fact I'm applying to other postbacs/ SMPs (Touro, VCOM, PCOM, Drexel, etc.), RVU definitely piques my interest now.

Nov 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
For me, Dr. Town was pretty upfront with how much of a mess the program was when it was initiated, so the complaints from the the earlier threads were corroborated. She told me she collaborated with the RVU's committee to essentially revamp the entire program from the ground up and all of their students have been satisfied with the new implementations that were made since. She also mentioned that half of their 32 students were automatically accepted into their DO school for the following cycle after meeting the criteria mentioned on their admissions website.

It's a tough program but, according to their Program Director, they will attempt to help their students meet their end goals. So despite the fact I'm applying to other postbacs/ SMPs (Touro, VCOM, PCOM, Drexel, etc.), RVU definitely piques my interest now.
I am applying to a few of those programs as well in addition to Temple, so that is nice to hear. Did they happen to mention anything specific about the linkage? I know I read in past threads that students receiving a 3.6 their first semester are automatically admitted to the DO program. Not sure if that is true or not.

hopelessdreamer95

2+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I am applying to a few of those programs as well in addition to Temple, so that is nice to hear. Did they happen to mention anything specific about the linkage? I know I read in past threads that students receiving a 3.6 their first semester are automatically admitted to the DO program. Not sure if that is true or not.
Yeah she mentioned that, so I believe they honor it. That's what I meant about the half of the class, so sorry if I wasn't clear about that. The grad GPA will determine your admission after the fall semester, along with showing signs of professionalism and integrity.

Nov 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeah she mentioned that, so I believe they honor it. That's what I meant about the half of the class, so sorry if I wasn't clear about that. The grad GPA will determine your admission after the fall semester, along with showing signs of professionalism and integrity.

Great! Thank you so much for all the info!

About the Ads

Dochopeful13

5+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Now that's the part I want to know. I want to message some of the students from the program this afternoon and see if they can give me a general feel for the rigor.

Thank you. Can you please let me know what you hear?? I would work my butt off I just want to know though if the program is doable. Some masters are overly difficult.

hopelessdreamer95

2+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Thank you. Can you please let me know what you hear?? I would work my butt off I just want to know though if the program is doable. Some masters are overly difficult.
Yeah of course. Dr. Towne gave me their emails so I'll get back to you soon-ish.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
For future applicants, I just spoke with Dr. Towne along with an "admissions expert" regarding transferring any of your AACOMAS information into Post-BacCAS.... they said that they are unable to do so. I asked if they could use my rec letters from my DO application and transfer them to the MSBS application and they said no. Their reasoning is that they want the recommenders to know that the letter is being used for MSBS and not DO so in the instance that they want to call your recommender, the recommender is not surprised with anything.

makes sense and I agree w their reasoning, just wanna let y'all know

About the Ads