RVUCOM-CO Rotations question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlphaStudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted to RVUCOM and I was wondering if anyone can anyone talk about the 3rd & 4th year rotations at RVU-COM and how they work? What is the quality of rotations and how are they set up? I could not find good information on this online. I heard you have to pay to rotate there, is that true? I've also heard that a lot of students cannot find rotations in colorado and need to go far away? Not sure about that, but this is why I would like some information about the rotations.

Members don't see this ad.

I was also accepted to RVU. In regards to paying for rotations there, I believe that is only at the CU hospital.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been accepted to RVUCOM and I was wondering if anyone can anyone talk about the 3rd & 4th year rotations at RVU-COM and how they work? What is the quality of rotations and how are they set up? I could not find good information on this online. I heard you have to pay to rotate there, is that true? I've also heard that a lot of students cannot find rotations in colorado and need to go far away? Not sure about that, but this is why I would like some information about the rotations.
There are a variety of clinical sites available. Go to the RVU website and do a search for the RVU Clinical Region Guide under Externships. (The file was too large to attach on SDN.) CU Med requires all DO students to pay an outlandish amt of $ to rotate there, so just don't. There are many other options available in CO. (Including Denver Metro, Fort Collins, Grand Junction, Pueblo, etc.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Bumping because I have the same question, would love some input from any clinical-year students at RVU about the quality of rotations!