RVUCOM-CO vs Touro-Middletown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jrobinson8421

Reaction score
1st post! Two acceptances so far, waiting to hear back from 4 other schools post interview. Only other school I think I'd go to would be LECOM Elmira.
RVU has a great match rate but someone told me alot of students end up having to SOAP. Touro seems like a super welcoming environment but their match list isn't as good.

Similar board pass rates. Both seem to have decent rotations. Prefer RVUs location but I'm not basing my decision on that. Not sure about it being for profit. PLEASE GIVE ANY AND ALL ADVICE. This is my first cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

List out some more pros and cons. Is RVU pretty close to home and it’s at least of some importance to visit family and/or friends? Any difference in costs between the 2? RVU is for-profit and got bought by the company that owns Caribbean schools and was pushing rejected applicants to go there, so that’s a big strike against it.

But the SOAP issue was for the branch campus in Utah not the main one.

Reactions: 1 user
List out some more pros and cons. Is RVU pretty close to home and it’s at least of some importance to visit family and/or friends? Any difference in costs between the 2? RVU is for-profit and got bought by the company that owns Caribbean schools and was pushing rejected applicants to go there, so that’s a big strike against it.

But the SOAP issue was for the branch campus in Utah not the main one.
RVU is farther from family but I wanted to go to Colorado for undergrad (love the area). I made a big list of pros and cons but they're coming out almost the same. Cost is about the same. As for the Caribbean thing, it feels similar to other school pushing for rejected applicants to join the MS programs. Don't know too much about that though so I'm not super well versed on everything there. Good to hear about SOAP

I hate the pushing of the MS/SMP thing too, but at least those things could help somebody's application or provide a linkage/guaranteed interview to that school afterwards. The Caribbean thing is just a way to steal people's money and either kick them out later, or leave them to the wolves when they don't match.
It was a recent acquisition, so I don't know if the new owners will be trying to cut corners to save more money and increase profits over the old one while you are attending the school. Also, University of Colorado charges you 4k as a DO student to rotate there just as an fyi.

Choose the non-mandatory attendance one
Lolll that's not bad advice
I hate the pushing of the MS/SMP thing too, but at least those things could help somebody's application or provide a linkage/guaranteed interview to that school afterwards. The Caribbean thing is just a way to steal people's money and either kick them out later, or leave them to the wolves when they don't match.
It was a recent acquisition, so I don't know if the new owners will be trying to cut corners to save more money and increase profits over the old one while you are attending the school. Also, University of Colorado charges you 4k as a DO student to rotate there just as an fyi.
That's very true. Thank you!