RxConnect: QI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sosoo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, our store got RxConnect 2 months ago and i've always wondered when you put a script OOS, how do u know when the drug will deliver? im guessing it doesnt order through Cardinal so im guessing any day you promise when entering OOS doesnt matter, and the order will always come on order day? once a week?

Members don't see this ad.

hi, our store got RxConnect 2 months ago and i've always wondered when you put a script OOS, how do u know when the drug will deliver? im guessing it doesnt order through Cardinal so im guessing any day you promise when entering OOS doesnt matter, and the order will always come on order day? once a week?

When I was at CVS we ordered everything in QI through Cardinal everyday (except poll day of course). It wouldn't make sense to have a customer wait say five days for the order to come in rather than order it next day from Cardinal. If you are one day from receiving your warehouse order it doesn't make sense to order from Cardinal if it's something you will get from the warehouse. I hope I explained that well.

Just to be clear QI will not order from Cardinal for you, you must do this yourself. Ask the Pharmacy Manager what the policy is at your store, but it should be something similar to what I described above.

I don't remember the exact keystroke or location, but each drug should list info on whether it is shipped through cardinal or through your weekly truck delivery. Perhaps someone else knows...

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't remember the exact keystroke or location, but each drug should list info on whether it is shipped through cardinal or through your weekly truck delivery. Perhaps someone else knows...

If the drug is already on your screen just hit F3 or F4, whichever one is Drug Info. Otherwise quickest way I know of is to go to the pricing screen and you can quickly see if it's outside vendor or not.

what do you guys think of the new system? Honestly, I could take most of the crap cvs throw at me but the new system makes me want to switch jobs...

RxConnect doesn't order anything for you. When you put something in OOS, its to remind YOU to order it for next day. Only time you don't need to order is when the item is already coming with your regular warehouse item the next day. Also your delivery probably do not come in sat and sunday, so your friday orders come in on monday.

:sleep:
what do you guys think of the new system? Honestly, I could take most of the crap cvs throw at me but the new system makes me want to switch jobs...

Its a downgrade. I use to be able to type a prescription in about 30 seconds using the old system. Now it takes a little under a minute because of all the stupid waiting.

It is so slow sometimes, especially monday when every CVS is busy accessing the same servers.

Also, when the system crashes....EVERY CVS goes down......

PS. If your in the west coast, check your computer at around 6:09pm. It will be extra slow, give you a error message and sometimes crash. This happens everyday, I think its a server update that occurs daily.

It's not "new" in many places, Florida being one of them where I'm working (they got RxConnect over a year ago).

I love it and it's a big reason I decided to work for CVS. I don't really understand the dislike other than human's natural fear of change. I actually learned and used RxConnect first, then had to learn Rx2000 at a rotation site in a state that didn't have RxConnect yet, and 2000 was rediculously bad. Horrible interface and tons of features I would try to use but they wouldn't exist on that system. Not to mention having to pull 'holds' from a seperate filing system which was absurd.

It's not "new" in many places, Florida being one of them where I'm working (they got RxConnect over a year ago).

I love it and it's a big reason I decided to work for CVS. I don't really understand the dislike other than human's natural fear of change. I actually learned and used RxConnect first, then had to learn Rx2000 at a rotation site in a state that didn't have RxConnect yet, and 2000 was rediculously bad. Horrible interface and tons of features I would try to use but they wouldn't exist on that system. Not to mention having to pull 'holds' from a seperate filing system which was absurd.

Yes, the new system is very logical, and you can deduce a lot of things, but that is not what people have problems with. It is the ridiculous waiting and lag the computer puts you thru. Thats the problem.

Example:
I use to do this a lot for patients when they come in and the prescription is not ready.

Using the old system, I was able to type a rx and have it scanned, and printed out in about 25 seconds

While the label is printing, I grab the meds, and hand it to the pharmacist to count and check. Grab the label and hand it to her while she is counting. This takes about 30 seconds for her to complete, and I start having the patient sign and ready to pay.

Thats about 1 minute to take a prescription from in window to out. Can you do that with rx-connect?

Yes, the new system is very logical, and you can deduce a lot of things, but that is not what people have problems with. It is the ridiculous waiting and lag the computer puts you thru. Thats the problem.

Example:
I use to do this a lot for patients when they come in and the prescription is not ready.

Using the old system, I was able to type a rx and have it scanned, and printed out in about 25 seconds

While the label is printing, I grab the meds, and hand it to the pharmacist to count and check. Grab the label and hand it to her while she is counting. This takes about 30 seconds for her to complete, and I start having the patient sign and ready to pay.

Thats about 1 minute to take a prescription from in window to out. Can you do that with rx-connect?

But but, what if the phone starts ringing?

But but, what if the phone starts ringing?

Answer the phone while pulling the drug and then put him/her on hold. Do it all the time when I have someone I am helping.

i see. so putting something OOS with promise date and time
doesn't mean its ordering for you. and all this time i thought,
and other ppl gave me the impression, that it automatically
place the order. -_-0

RxConnect doesn't order anything for you. When you put something in OOS, its to remind YOU to order it for next day. Only time you don't need to order is when the item is already coming with your regular warehouse item the next day. Also your delivery probably do not come in sat and sunday, so your friday orders come in on monday.

i see. so putting something OOS with promise date and time
doesn't mean its ordering for you. and all this time i thought,
and other ppl gave me the impression, that it automatically
place the order. -_-0

Ya, the computer only orders the warehouse stuff that you get once a week. If you want it to come in the next day, you special order it from another company.

Basically the computer maintains your weekly orders, while that modem thing special orders from another company for next day delivery.