• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

RxP is not just about writing scripts, but about helping primary care manage medications for mental illness more effectively. For the last year+ I have been managing the psych meds for 90% of the patients at a primary care clinic, and it has been both a rewarding and challenging experience. I have RxP training as well as a medical psych residency, but the more I see the more I realize how much I need to learn...the same is true for any psychiatrist or psych NP. No Ca has not approved RxP, but I consult only...there is alot of room for properly trained psychologists to do the same. Primary care providers are more than happy to utilize our expertise...get out and promote our skills in the medical arena...that is the future of psychology!

:D

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.