RxPrep Test Bank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePharm21

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you recommend buying the test bank for RxPrep? I have bought the RxPrep, and I was just going to study that and the calculations on here. Do you think the test bank will help? I know there are only 10 questions per therapeutic topic in the book compared to 2700 questions for the test bank. I don't know if it will be worth the 150.00 as I already bought the book for 160.00.

Members don't see this ad.

I bought it and I found it very helpful in preparing. I used the questions to help supplement my notes.

My only complaint was that I bought the 6 month plan back in Feb, so I paid a lot more for only one month of use.

But I do recommend it if you feel like you need the practice.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't you think I will be okay if I extensively review the RxPrep brook?

Ahhh, I don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated!

If you're the type who gets a lot from the book and doesn't need to test him/herself, then no, don't get it. The book will be MORE than enough

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi FuturePharm21,
I'm preparing for CPJE and want to buy RX test bank as well. Please let me know if you want to share the cost with me.

I think it would be good to test yourself with the quiz bank to make sure you know everything! If not, consider making flash cards of questions for yourself based on their underlined and bolded material.

The test bank was very helpful to me. The way I justified the expense was that if it helped me get licensed faster, once I started working it really only cost me three pharmacist hours worth of pay.

Do you recommend buying the test bank for RxPrep? I have bought the RxPrep, and I was just going to study that and the calculations on here. Do you think the test bank will help? I know there are only 10 questions per therapeutic topic in the book compared to 2700 questions for the test bank. I don't know if it will be worth the 150.00 as I already bought the book for 160.00.

Another poster posted this comment in a different section, I am re-sharing here:
The questions online: Good way of training us to take COMPUTERIZED EXAM.
With Computerized exam, I got the training of:
Benefit 1: Reading and try to eliminate answers without pen (In pharmacy school, for multiple choice, I took test on paper and always HAD to cross out the wrong keyword of the wrong answer. Knowing the NAPLEX and CPJE are both computerized, I worried that I would not take test properly with confidence because I will NOT have a way to cross out the wrong word or wrong answer.)

Benefit 2: Practice math. (NEW IMPORTANT NOTE for CLASS OF 2014: YOU HAVE LEGAL RIGHT TO GET HANDHELD REAL CALCULATOR FOR NAPLEX. I wrote very detailed post in this forum about NAPLEX LEGALLY SUPPLIES HANDHELD CALCULATOR (post was at this link, WITH EVIDENCE FROM NAPLEX:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...d-in-naplex-exams-2014.1057207/#post-14961836)

Benefit 3: Seeing TIME going down (If you have never seen the test timer going down, you will very likely get nervous and rush through the questions.)
The trick about TIME COUNTER is:
you want to know the time available for you
AND
you do not want to constantly look at that time because you will waste time and freak out.
Human psychology is very weird.
By doing RXPREP online, you get to see the TIME COUNTER and you develop your own mindset so you will not constantly look at COUNTER all the time.

Benefit 4: Before my exam, I practiced taking RXPREP computerized test for 4 hours a day for 7 days. The benefit of RXPREP computerized test is: your score is calculated automatically by computer and you save time because you will instantly know how good you are at this point for this subject.

My wish:
I hope by now for class of 2014, RXPREP gives more questions in form of Patient Case like NAPLEX and PRE-NAPLEX. (The first time I took PRE-NAPLEX in 2011, I freaked out because the questions in the form of Patient Case were given in conservative quantity by RXPREP book and online questions.)

Overall: RXPREP combo: Book, Computerized Online Questions, Video: 99% good. I studied with this combo and they helped me pass on first try.

The book, excellent. Why? The book has just enough information so you learn and feel confident (APha book was way too detailed, I did try and had to stop APha book).

Math: I learned from RXPREP and practiced all math questions from packet of SDN 120 Math Questions (I practiced 60 math questions a day because I was told math would be about 30 percent of 185 questions, meaning about 50 questions. My NAPLEX had about 35 questions or so.)

Hello :) so I passed my Naplex on my first try recently. I asked for a calculator but to no avail. However, the system's calculator is amazing. Beyond amazing. It's basically this: (Rxprep posted this once) http://www.amazon.com/Texas-Instruments-MultiView-Scientific-Calculator/dp/B000PDFQ6K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402944069&sr=8-1&keywords=texas instruments calculator ti30xs (which you can scroll up to see all your old work) ...
and I believe in their test bank and their book. I didn't get the videos, I heard from friends that they were good in some and not so good in others. But for me, I thought 2 weeks with the book and the testbank was awesome enough (and I don't have a photographic memory or some magical brain - just putting in my hours of the days). I took the prenaplex a few days before and knew that I still need to finish some chapters I had left over. I studied intensely through the "core" chapters (top of page 4 of RxPrep) a few times and then crammed the rest cause I was paced a bit too slow. I basically took all the quizzes in the bank (even for the chapters I didn't read - herbals, the last few chapters, etc.). Just really do well in the math (DON'T PANIC - stay calm during the naplex you can think about how to use units and go from what you do know to get to your answer and READ the question AGAIN to make sure you answered what it's asking not cause it has your answer in the m/c). APHA was too intense for me to read lol. I wish I had RxPrep earlier so I can review over and over the basics). Expect patient cases for sure, they were the majority on my test (the test adapts so do expect to be more intense in one area than others- like my friend said she got like 2/3 math and I felt like I only got 1/3 or less). But keep in mind that the math might be hiding near the end and you'll want to pace yourself so you don't leave little time at the end, I somehow had 2 hours left for like 20 questions. I should've not rushed at the beginning, but then again anything can pop up in the last section! :) good luck everyone!

PS. I thought it was well worth the investment on a few hundred dollars if you can pass the exam and not pay another 500 and wait all that time when you could have a career ;) (i just cooked more at home and ate out less lol - and gym at home ;) )

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

why buy it? use testbankgo.info, they have all the free practice questions there. in case you can't find it there , you can check testbanks.eu

Sorry for reviving an old thread but how do the test bank questions actually work?

1. Is it all website-based or do you have to download a program?
2. If it's a program, does it lock you out of using the rest of your PC?
3. Does it show the right answers? If so, does it explain them?
4. Does it somehow prevent you from saving the questions to review them on your own time? (to prevent people from pirating the test bank?)

Sorry for reviving an old thread but how do the test bank questions actually work?

1. Is it all website-based or do you have to download a program?
2. If it's a program, does it lock you out of using the rest of your PC?
3. Does it show the right answers? If so, does it explain them?
4. Does it somehow prevent you from saving the questions to review them on your own time? (to prevent people from pirating the test bank?)

1. Web-based only. Very inconvenient.
3. Yes, no.
4. See #1.