Quantcast

Saba Now Approved in California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dbiddy808

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from my school today. It is retroactive going back to January 2002. Luckily I graduated January 2nd, 2002!

skypilot

2K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
That is a pretty huge boost for the school especially considering they got New York recently too.

trapper john

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
dbiddy808 said:
I just got an email from my school today. It is retroactive going back to January 2002. Luckily I graduated January 2nd, 2002!

Sorry to rain on your parade, but this is what Pat Park (foreign medical graduate division) of the California board posted on valuemd.com:

"Those recommendations included a restriction on retroactive recognition. The recognition extends only to coursework completed at Saba that commenced on or after 1/1/02. Coursework completed at Saba prior to 1/1/02 cannot be applied toward the training and licensure requirements in California."

Saba has an appeal in the works. They have asked evryone to REFRAIN from contacting the California board and not to antagonize them in any way.

dbiddy808

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The email neglected to mention that part. I don't plan on practicing in California, but it would be nice to have the option in the future. Lets hope they are succesful with the appeal.

joethestuff

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
dbiddy808 said:
The email neglected to mention that part. I don't plan on practicing in California, but it would be nice to have the option in the future. Lets hope they are succesful with the appeal.

Alot of Saba's success was built on the backs of previous students who busted butt and kicked a$$ on the boards--now those students will NOT be eligible for CA licensure.

I can gurantee you all those +220 USMLE's were front and center as SABA attempted to make their case for approval...

dbiddy808

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
"Alot of Saba's success was built on the backs of previous students who busted butt and kicked a$$ on the boards--now those students will NOT be eligible for CA licensure.

I can gurantee you all those +220 USMLE's were front and center as SABA attempted to make their case for approval..."

Word.