Saba University Admissions Office

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sam Groves

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, here goes...I've heard a lot of good things about Saba, very few not so great things, but I'm having major issues with them currently. I applied before I completed my last semester of undergrad, so the Admissions Committee decided to put my application on hold and wait for my final grades...which was fine with me. Once I got those in, I had my transcript mailed to Saba....no answer from them. Literally, nothing. So I kept calling and asking, and then had my transcript couriered. I called again, after my FedEx tracking number showed that my transcript had been delivered at the correct address, and a woman there said nothing had been received and she urged me to screenshot my final grades and email it to her at their admissions email. It's been a few days since then and NOTHING. I keep calling and it keeps ringing and going to voicemail. What is going on?! Do I have to fly myself over to their US office and demand a decision?! I mean, how long can a girl wait before she goes crazy with anticipation?! Has anyone else had experiences like this with them? Does it help to pester them with phone calls, even though there seems to be no one answering their phones?

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, here goes...I've heard a lot of good things about Saba, very few not so great things, but I'm having major issues with them currently. I applied before I completed my last semester of undergrad, so the Admissions Committee decided to put my application on hold and wait for my final grades...which was fine with me. Once I got those in, I had my transcript mailed to Saba....no answer from them. Literally, nothing. So I kept calling and asking, and then had my transcript couriered. I called again, after my FedEx tracking number showed that my transcript had been delivered at the correct address, and a woman there said nothing had been received and she urged me to screenshot my final grades and email it to her at their admissions email. It's been a few days since then and NOTHING. I keep calling and it keeps ringing and going to voicemail. What is going on?! Do I have to fly myself over to their US office and demand a decision?! I mean, how long can a girl wait before she goes crazy with anticipation?! Has anyone else had experiences like this with them? Does it help to pester them with phone calls, even though there seems to be no one answering their phones?

Why are you not trying for US based medical schools?

I applied on April 9th and got accepted . It will take them more than one month to process the delivered item.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why are you not trying for US based medical schools?
MCAT 33, AND GPA 3.82. Got rejected by US medical schools. The US medical schools are crazy competitive now. Especially for Asian students.

MCAT 33, AND GPA 3.82. Got rejected by US medical schools. The US medical schools are crazy competitive now. Especially for Asian students.

With those numbers you are very competitive for a MD or DO program. You may have other areas of your app that need work as well as targeting the right schools. Caribbean is not the answer.

Reactions: 1 users
With those numbers you are very competitive for a MD or DO program. You may have other areas of your app that need work as well as targeting the right schools.
Agree! Call up some of the schools that rejected you and ask them for advice. Most would usually tell you what you are missing! With these stats, Carib schools should be your last option, and Saba should actually pay you to go there :)

Agree! Call up some of the schools that rejected you and ask them for advice. Most would usually tell you what you are missing! With these stats, Carib schools should be your last option, and Saba should actually pay you to go there :)

+2

The OP still has a chance to get into a US MD or DO school with those statistics. The Caribbean should be considered a last ditch option if all other avenues are exhausted and you still want to be a physician (while being consciously aware of the unvarnished truth regarding Caribbean schools). Even as a successful student, where you go still stays with you. Even delaying by a year or two is worth it if you can fight to get into the US. I struggled to get in the first time and found that taking some time off actually made me a better person overall. Sometimes the time in between is worth it also to find other things.