Sackler- total applicants, interview invites, acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sagtig

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi... I know that there are no concrete statistics on this, but do any past applicants, or people with with ties to the admissions committee know how many applicants generally apply every year, what percentage of applicants get interviews, and what percentage of interviewees get accepted?

How much weight does the interview hold for Sackler?
Do most applicants get interview invites, or does an invite imply that applicants are in high consideration for acceptance

Thanks for any help

Members don't see this ad.

no input?

After doing a thorough search... all I could find is that Sackler gets about 1000 applicants, and that the class size is usually in the 60-80 range...

is this accurate? Any other feedback as to the relevance of the interview?

I also found out that first round of acceptances are sent sometime at the end of March/beginning of April...

As you can tell, I'm going a bit nuts, I really want to go to Sackler... good luck to everyone applying/interviewing/waiting for decisions

I too would like to know the stats of how many are interviewed and of those accepted, ...and how much emphasis the interview is in the overall application

I actually interviewed there last week, forgot to ask those questions...

...anyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
im not sure of # of people interviewed vs accepted but getting an interview is obviously a step in the very positive direction.

im pretty sure the school gives people who have been selected to interview the contact information of some current first year students to get any questions they may have answered. that would probably be a valuable resource for anyone with specific questions about interviewing and the school and whatnot.

im not sure of # of people interviewed vs accepted but getting an interview is obviously a step in the very positive direction.

im pretty sure the school gives people who have been selected to interview the contact information of some current first year students to get any questions they may have answered. that would probably be a valuable resource for anyone with specific questions about interviewing and the school and whatnot.

that is the funniest thing ive heard in a while.

If I recall correctly (and I may be imagining this) applicants only receive contact information of current students once they have been accepted to the program.

Thanks for the correction! I just called Sackler and they promptly emailed me an adviser list.

Cheers!

what percentage of applicants get interviews, and what percentage of interviewees get accepted?

How much weight does the interview hold for Sackler?
Do most applicants get interview invites, or does an invite imply that applicants are in high consideration for acceptance

Thanks for any help

As a soon to be graduate of Sackler I think I can say that you will never get the answers to these questions. No one really knows anything beyond that class sizes are from 60-80, with the class I am graduating with being the largest in Sackler history.

As interesting as the information would be, it does not change anything about your application process. You apply, interview, and wait a few weeks generally to find out if you got accepted.

Good luck to those of you applying. If anyone has Sackler questions that are a bit more specific, feel free to send me a pm. I am not really up to speed about the first 2 years now since they changed curriculum, but if anyone has questions about Sackler status in the states, the match, and third and fourth years feel free to ask (in pm).

How have they changed the curriculum, may I ask?