2020-2021 Sackler School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today. Interviewed March 16th. MCAT: 513 (130/125/129/129). GPA: 3.92. Thrilled.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
For those accepted - did you receive any further information (such as financial aid) from the school after sending your deposit?
I just emailed the school yesterday, and they told me they will send a welcome packet via email in late spring.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know if this is normal or if we haven't heard back yet that it's not a great sign? This has been a rough cycle
It could be that your application is incomplete. I would email to check if they are missing anything from you.

For those that have been accepted, by when are you supposed to notify them of whether you're joining or not?

Anyone hear anything from Sackler recently?

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you guys feel about Sackler now that Step 1 is P/F?

for those accepted (congrats!), how much time/what date were you given to respond to the admissions offer by?

Just got my A this morning!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Any current students I can DM here to ask some q's ? Also, is it possible to go to Sackler if you can't speak Hebrew at all?

Any current students I can DM here to ask some q's ? Also, is it possible to go to Sackler if you can't speak Hebrew at all?
For the second question, yes, you can attend Sackler without speaking Hebrew, you will just have to take Hebrew classes to ensure proficiency before starting rotations in the third year.

Anyone Class of 2025 started to look into housing?

What are the avg. stats of accepted students at Sackler ? And are they counted as US grads for the state of New York, but IMG's for every other state, or how exactly does it work?

For those who have been accepted here and to US Schools (MD or DO), which will you attend?
Current student at Sackler. I'll tell you what was told to me. If you get in to an American school you 100% go to that school and don't come to Sackler. I absolutely agree with what was said to me after having now experienced the school.

Can you elaborate more @Jymp963256 ? Was there something wrong with the school ?
I have a very busy week, so I can write more over the weekend. But in short, there have been many issues regarding how the students are treated by the administration and a survey was conducted at the end of last year which included all of the current classes of the school and the last 5 years of graduates. The goal was to hear if the current student body's complaint were only occurring now, or if they were more long term and a more likely systemic issue. The outcome of the survey was that the same issues had come up year after year and were never addressed. Things like students not being supported or singled out and targeted by administrators. The most telling piece of the alumni survey was that 85% of current and former students would NOT reommend someone coming to the school. Since that survey was completed a year ago, NOTHING has happened, if that doesn't tell you enough about the character of the school then I don't know what will.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all! Anyone know how long it has been taking Sackler to respond after an interview? It seems like they mostly answer on Friday, correct?

FYI just interviewed for Class of 2026 and it was so chill. My interviewer really made the effort to make me comfortable. They actually read my activities/PS

I got waitlisted back in January. Any students know what the likelihood of getting off the waitlist?

Current student at Sackler. I'll tell you what was told to me. If you get in to an American school you 100% go to that school and don't come to Sackler. I absolutely agree with what was said to me after having now experienced the school.
Can you explain more? Why?

Did your guy’s MCAT Score Report have a verification code when you applied? Didn’t even know that’s a thing until after submitting