Sad that MCAT is over?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jumb0

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the mcat in two weeks. This may just be the coffee talking, but I feel a bit saddened by the thought that soon the mcat will be over. I've been studying since the end of May, and i have come to really enjoy the preparation process. Don't get me wrong, I have definitely felt the cold grip of mcat anxiety at times, but all in all this has been a very pleasant experience. I love the material and the test format, and it feels so exhilarating to take practice tests and so rewarding when you get questions right. I know I may be a singing a much different tune if I don't get a satisfying score and have to retake, but for now, I think of the mcat as my little friend. Am I crazy or something ???

Members don't see this ad.

what the hell is wrong with you?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
But on a more serious note, you sound like a war-torn soldier who misses the war because upon coming back to society he feels like he doesnt fit in or whatever that mumbojumbo is (no pun intended lol). I guess thats a normal feeling in a weird very atypical way. I cannot wait to be done with this test!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i felt exactly this. the fact that i'm still reading this stupid forum and following up on random strangers scores says a lot. while studying, i had purpose. now i read about fruit flies and watch espn. ugh...

Reactions: 1 user
i felt exactly this. the fact that i'm still reading this stupid forum and following up on random strangers scores says a lot. while studying, i had purpose. now i read about fruit flies and watch espn. ugh...

Lol. Yeah the camaraderie/score stalking was kinda fun.... but more of that in med school awaits us I suppose, just in person...

you have serious stockholm syndrome- feeling remorse for losing contact with your murderer. /s

Reactions: 1 users
More like "disappointed". You've spent several months only to take this one simple stupid test that might decide your future. But we should be thankful that we were not born in South Korea, where students have to study for 3 years for one freaking test to get into college.

I am taking the mcat in two weeks. This may just be the coffee talking, but I feel a bit saddened by the thought that soon the mcat will be over. I've been studying since the end of May, and i have come to really enjoy the preparation process. Don't get me wrong, I have definitely felt the cold grip of mcat anxiety at times, but all in all this has been a very pleasant experience. I love the material and the test format, and it feels so exhilarating to take practice tests and so rewarding when you get questions right. I know I may be a singing a much different tune if I don't get a satisfying score and have to retake, but for now, I think of the mcat as my little friend. Am I crazy or something ???

Typo?

boo boo it's not over.. you still have 30-35 days of waiting for you score and your dreams haunting you about passages you might have messed up on, you will have a gruesome time preparing your application write over 10,000+ words for AMCAS, secondaries, etc. which will then lead you to months of anticipation for interviews, acceptances, and onto 4+years of schooling, preparation for exams, and a career in medicine. This is just the beginning.

tumblr_inline_mnv8rtCVLM1qz4rgp.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It was pretty exciting to improve over the course of studying, and right before my exam, I did marvel at the thought that it might be the last time I ever take the MCAT, including practices. But do I miss it? Nahhhh

writing those comments is the worst decision I've ever made on this forum. I keep getting notifications thinking its something important yet i am too lazy to disable that function. why?!?!?!

writing those comments is the worst decision I've ever made on this forum. I keep getting notifications thinking its something important yet i am too lazy to disable that function. why?!?!?!
Did this give you a notification?

so did you get your wish today?

It could go either way. I destroyed verbal. Im expecting a 13. Physics was tough. I ran out of time and had to blindly guess on 2 or 3 questions. Id be happy to get a 10...11 would be a blessing. As for biology, the first 30 or so questions were a piece of cake. Then the last two passages were very tough...and if that wasnt bad enough, I had to pee really really badly. I didn't want to get up and pee though because signing in and out was like a 6 minute process...not worth it. I managed to finish everything without guessing though, so I dont feel too bad. I just cant help but think how much more focused I could have been if I didnt need to pee...I think I could have aced BS...I hope I got a 12+ on it...

Now it's a waiting game...

It could go either way. I destroyed verbal. Im expecting a 13. Physics was tough. I ran out of time and had to blindly guess on 2 or 3 questions. Id be happy to get a 10...11 would be a blessing. As for biology, the first 30 or so questions were a piece of cake. Then the last two passages were very tough...and if that wasnt bad enough, I had to pee really really badly. I didn't want to get up and pee though because signing in and out was like a 6 minute process...not worth it. I managed to finish everything without guessing though, so I dont feel too bad. I just cant help but think how much more focused I could have been if I didnt need to pee...I think I could have aced BS...I hope I got a 12+ on it...

Now it's a waiting game...
yup same i had to go so bad towards the end of the test.

I wish you well on your MCAT. But I wouldn't lament about it being over until you have your official score.

Also, you might benefit from a hobby. ;)

It's two weeks until I get my scores. Then, I will find out whether I will be happy or sad at the MCAT being over. Will the MCAT be over...or will my career be over?

it becomes your life for a several months. It is hard adjusting back to normal life. I played Black ops 2 as a stress reliever after studying. Can not bring myself to enjoy playing those games till the score is released

yup i drank too much water and lacked the discipline to fully force out my entire urinary content during the break. should have practiced more eh?

it happened to me during a practice exam. I mean it makes you think faster lol so it might have been a good thing hahaa