SAEM Membership??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EM OR BUST

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is SAEM worth joining as a student? I already have memberships in EMRA and ACEP and I feel they were def worth getting. Cant really find any info about what you get with a SAEM membership.

Members don't see this ad.

Academic Emergency Medicine (the monthly journal)

Better access to the program directors and academic leaders of the specialty than any other organization.

The most valuable meeting of the year in terms of ground breaking information and academic networking

Thank you!! You sold it well, I just joined.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
are any of these groups worth joining as a first year interested in em? or am i looking too far ahead?

Academic Emergency Medicine (the monthly journal)

Better access to the program directors and academic leaders of the specialty than any other organization.

The most valuable meeting of the year in terms of ground breaking information and academic networking

Yup, and for instance, you should come to at least the medical student symposium at SAEM in May, since there are application tips and lunch with PDs. :thumbup:

are any of these groups worth joining as a first year interested in em? or am i looking too far ahead?

Yep, too far ahead. Not much point. You have enough on your plate, don't bother with this just yet. You should just focus on school right now. You'll have plenty of time later.:)

Yep, too far ahead. Not much point. You have enough on your plate, don't bother with this just yet. You should just focus on school right now. You'll have plenty of time later.:)

that's what i kinda figured, but wanted to make for sure. thanks :thumbup:

I joined SAEM about 1 month ago and noticed that my membership expires at the end of June!! :eek: Anyone else have this occur? I paid for a full year
($105) so I expected to be good for one year. I tried calling them to ask about it but no one got back to me. Anyone know what's going on with this? $105 seems steep for 3 months of membership.

Same thing happened to me, i just thought it was an error. I really hope it is!! $105 for 3 months is not cool.

Hey, what's everyone's opinion of the SAEM meeting and the importance for a student to go for all 4 days of just to the med student symposium. I haven't decided which I am going to do, just due to family and money concerns.