Safe to Chalk up Stanford as a rejection?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CUMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Complete at Stanford since September with no interview yet, and AMCAS says that schools must fill classes by the 15th of this month. Safe to say that my hopes are done at Stanford?

Members don't see this ad.

where did you get the March 15th date?

Members don't see this ad :)
is stanfurd basically non-rolling? i didnt think it was since they do accept people throughout the course of the application year.

now about march 15, they are recommended to offer enough acceptances to fill their class, but by no means does that mean that their class will be filled.

now with this being stanfurd tho, not many people will turn away a stanfurd acceptance. their class is like only 87 kids, so maybe you will hear something last minute...and a couple people have said on here how stanfurd was running slow this year. and if you think of it as a rejection, then when you actually get an invite...it will be even sweeter.

do a search and see what the people have said.

I called a few days ago to check on my application, since they've ignored my emails and I haven't heard anything from them after my application was complete in October. The receptionist told me, "We don't do that anymore. You'll either get an email or a letter" telling you your status.

I just got my rejection dated the 25th Feb, so maybe they're starting to send them out now.

I called about 10 days ago and they said they were still sending out interview invitations and were interviewing through April. But I don't think I should be holding my breath!

There's still hope. Stanford is pretty far behind in the interview schedule this year. I was complete in early September but didn't hear a peep out of them until January, and I interviewed at the end of February. Good luck!

Got my Stanford rejection letter in the mail today. I was a little sad at first, until I realized that their decision was not based on negative assessments of my application, but rather "upon a comparison of the strengths of your application relative to those of other very qualified applicants."

Whew....am I relieved. I don't suck after all. Everyone is just better than me.;)

Rejected today as well....at least the wait is finally over!

i called this morning (or yesterday morning) and was told that interviews are still being granted... the secretary said that stanford would be interviewing into april and i think she said even into may...