Safety at AUC and SMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cookies6

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
i might be interested in going to either one of these. can people tell me about the safety of each location. i am female and safety is a concern of mine. altho i dont anticipate doing anything stupid like walking around late at night drunk, everyday safety is a concern of mine.

thank you, cookies6

Members don't see this ad.

Hello cookies6,

I am a student at SMU. I do not know anything about AUC, but I do know that Grand Cayman is the most highly developed and safest area in the Caribbean hands down. In the veterinary school, around 70% of our students are female. And they have not had any problems.

Of course, like anywhere else, you want to take the normal precautions. Whichever school you choose to attend, it is very important that you make contact with a current student who is willing to help you make the adjustment. If you choose to attend SMU, let me know and I will be more than happy to help you. Knowing where the stores and shady areas of the island are located will help you tons. I am sure there are students at AUC who are willing to do the same. I'm from Texas, and despite Cayman's striking similarities to the states, it has taken some time to adjust to the new lifestyle.

Please don't hestitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding Grand Cayman or caribbean life in general.

Aggiegolf, how do you like SMU? Are you glad you chose there?