Saint Louis University vs University of Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reaction score
Tell me what you think.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have a list of pros and cons? Rather hard to give you an opinion without knowing what you value in a school.

Just stated as is with no additional info, I would say Cincinnati. It's higher ranked, has a wonderful pediatrics program, the hospital is really cool, and I personally enjoy Cincinnati as a city.

Do you have a list of pros and cons? Rather hard to give you an opinion without knowing what you value in a school.

Just stated as is with no additional info, I would say Cincinnati. It's higher ranked, has a wonderful pediatrics program, the hospital is really cool, and I personally enjoy Cincinnati as a city.
Thanks for your insight. Im really leaning towards Cincinnati. I guess im really just wanting to make sure SLU doesnt have some sort of hidden gem I'm missing. The biggest thing for me is research, strong step 1, and a family friendly area. Would you say that Cincinnati is family friendly? I know that Saint Louis has a lot of free things to do for kids.

Cincinnati is higher ranked for research and has more NIH dollars coming in than does St. Louis. Its step one I believe is in the low 240s which is great. I don't have a family, but Cincinnati seems like a good place for one - it's safer than St. Louis, has one of the best zoos in the US, and a ton of museums and other outdoor activities. I explored the city a bit the day before my interview there and really liked what I saw.

I would advise you explore these things during second look and use that info to make your decision.

Reactions: 1 user
SLU is opening a brand new hospital where students can rotate. And cinci can be just as dangerous if not more so.