sales and marketing...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iphetamine

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently graduated and now working in sales and marketing with a big pharma company....but I'm not happy. I'm really not feeling satisfied with this job and it doesn't actually fulfills a pharmacist's job. I don't want to leave the company as I JUST GOT the job, but at the same time I don't see myself in sales as a career wise in the future....don't know what to do really....😕
 
I recently graduated and now working in sales and marketing with a big pharma company....but I'm not happy. I'm really not feeling satisfied with this job and it doesn't actually fulfills a pharmacist's job. I don't want to leave the company as I JUST GOT the job, but at the same time I don't see myself in sales as a career wise in the future....don't know what to do really....😕


You're a freaking drug rep???
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently graduated and now working in sales and marketing with a big pharma company....but I'm not happy. I'm really not feeling satisfied with this job and it doesn't actually fulfills a pharmacist's job. I don't want to leave the company as I JUST GOT the job, but at the same time I don't see myself in sales as a career wise in the future....don't know what to do really....😕

How much do you get paid?
 
no dude, i'm a Medical Representative..
Excuse my ignorance, but are you a drug rep, and is this just your formal title, akin to "sanitation technician" rather than janitor? I was under the impression that you didn't need to be a pharmacist to be a drug rep, so if you are indeed NOT one, what do you do?
 
Excuse my ignorance, but are you a drug rep, and is this just your formal title, akin to "sanitation technician" rather than janitor? I was under the impression that you didn't need to be a pharmacist to be a drug rep, so if you are indeed NOT one, what do you do?

well....ya, I'm generally a drup rep, that's why the :meanie: smiley...both names are the same.
 
Good lord, you're an anonymous user on a message board. Saying "a bit more" or "a lot" gives us no perspective as to how much you make being a drug rep. If you aren't willing to give that info up then do not bring it up in the course of a conversation.
 
a bit more....

Yup - I can imagine a job that requires no specific degree paying more than one that requires a professional degree.

I would imagine there are drug reps hauling in cash, but I would contend that most make significantly less.

OP - sounds like the world of sales isn't for you. Now that you know, take the time to figure out what you want to do.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha, I love how almost half the posts are asking him about how much he makes. Also, someone got pissed off because he didn't give an exact amount. Gotta love it.

What's your point? Don't waste our time and we won't waste yours.