Salus Univeristy Pre-Reqs for Regular/Scholars Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juubiee

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I was hoping I could get some help from anyone who had already applied to Salus University's Regular/Scholars program.

I'm going into my junior year and I'm a bit torn between whether or not I need to take Calc. 2. I was wondering if those who had gotten into Salus's Regular/Scholars program took Calc. 2 or they just took Calc. 1 and the rest of the recommended pre-reqs?

I'm a bio major and I currently have a 4.0. Science classes I've taken are: Cell biology/ with lab, General Chemistry 1 and 2/ with lab, Organic Chemistry 1 lecture and lab, Organic Chemistry 2 lecture, Microbiology lecture/lab, Psychology, Genetics lecture/lab, and Biostats.

Classes I'm taking now are: Orgo 2 lab, Calc. 1, and HIV/AIDS (capstone class).
Fall 2017 classes: Physics 1 lecture/lab, general biochemistry, and calc. 2

For the remainder of my schooling, I'll be taking A&P, immunology, histology, rest of physics, physiological psychology, eco/evo, and biodiversity (I'm only mentioning Science courses).

The only extracurricular I have is routinely volunteering at a nursing home. I'll be interning with a low vision optometrist and primary optometrist this summer; I shadowed an ophthalmologist 2 years ago for approximately 16 hours. Furthermore, I'll be studying for the OAT starting this summer.

Taking Calc. 2 would force me to have some science intensive semesters and I don't want to risk my GPA by doing that. Furthermore, if I take calc. 2 out of my schedule, I can substitute it with a class whose subject matter will be on the OAT. However, I'm worried that if I don't take Calc. 2, it'll damage my chances of getting into Salus's Regular/Scholars program.

Any input from students applying to or already accepted into Salus's Regular/ Scholars program would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, I was hoping I could get some help from anyone who had already applied to Salus University's Regular/Scholars program.

I'm going into my junior year and I'm a bit torn between whether or not I need to take Calc. 2. I was wondering if those who had gotten into Salus's Regular/Scholars program took Calc. 2 or they just took Calc. 1 and the rest of the recommended pre-reqs?

I'm a bio major and I currently have a 4.0. Science classes I've taken are: Cell biology/ with lab, General Chemistry 1 and 2/ with lab, Organic Chemistry 1 lecture and lab, Organic Chemistry 2 lecture, Microbiology lecture/lab, Psychology, Genetics lecture/lab, and Biostats.

Classes I'm taking now are: Orgo 2 lab, Calc. 1, and HIV/AIDS (capstone class).
Fall 2017 classes: Physics 1 lecture/lab, general biochemistry, and calc. 2

For the remainder of my schooling, I'll be taking A&P, immunology, histology, rest of physics, physiological psychology, eco/evo, and biodiversity (I'm only mentioning Science courses).

The only extracurricular I have is routinely volunteering at a nursing home. I'll be interning with a low vision optometrist and primary optometrist this summer; I shadowed an ophthalmologist 2 years ago for approximately 16 hours. Furthermore, I'll be studying for the OAT starting this summer.

Taking Calc. 2 would force me to have some science intensive semesters and I don't want to risk my GPA by doing that. Furthermore, if I take calc. 2 out of my schedule, I can substitute it with a class whose subject matter will be on the OAT. However, I'm worried that if I don't take Calc. 2, it'll damage my chances of getting into Salus's Regular/Scholars program.

Any input from students applying to or already accepted into Salus's Regular/ Scholars program would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

I may be too late replying to this post, but I am a student at Salus. I only took Calc 1 and on top of that, I got a C and I was still accepted. Your GPA is very impressive! Just be sure to shadow as much as you can.