Other OT-Related Information Salus vs. Temple Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PAFutureOTStudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
After applying and being denied last cycle, I was lucky enough to be granted admission to my Top 2 choices for OT School. I'm incredibly thankful, but now I'm torn between the two schools. I have done a ton of research between the two schools and I have made a list of pros and cons, but I'm still so confused. I received my acceptance to Salus University a couple months ago and I found out from Temple recently. I was hoping someone could offer me some insight to either of the programs. Maybe something they heard or perhaps experienced? I wish there was a way I could get into contact with students from either University and hear what they have to say. PLEASE HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

After applying and being denied last cycle, I was lucky enough to be granted admission to my Top 2 choices for OT School. I'm incredibly thankful, but now I'm torn between the two schools. I have done a ton of research between the two schools and I have made a list of pros and cons, but I'm still so confused. I received my acceptance to Salus University a couple months ago and I found out from Temple recently. I was hoping someone could offer me some insight to either of the programs. Maybe something they heard or perhaps experienced? I wish there was a way I could get into contact with students from either University and hear what they have to say. PLEASE HELP!
I'm so glad you started this thread, I'm torn as well!

I would reach out to the admission counselor you talked to during your interview at Salus and ask her to put you in touch with a student. I asked her to do so and I had a really enthusiastic student email me with extremely long responses to any question I had. Honestly she seemed really happy to be attending Salus and it really made me picture myself there.

So I haven't heard back from Temple, but I'm a current Temple undergraduate and I also currently work for a professor in the OT program at Temple, but I really do not know much about the program. I've even met current first year students, but I still have yet to really be able to visualize myself there. I think this is a downside of not having an interview process, which really disappointed me. I've also been really disappointed in their admissions process all together. It seems like you really don't get any kind of notification until a decision has been made, which makes them seem almost seem distant and hard to reach out to. Also, this may be really personal only to me, but I'm kind of ready for a different university and experience. The OT program is on the Health Science Campus, which you would absolutely have to commute from at least the Fishtown and Fairmount area. This may be unappealing to me because I've been in North Philadelphia for 4 years and I'm not thrilled about the area the HSC campus is in to begin with.

That all being said, Temple is a more established program, in that its been around for longer. Dr. Roger Ideishi is the new program director and he is amazing. Temple's program is apparently going through a lot of changes (they are moving the program to Main campus, but no details of changes to the curriculum, which worries me). I think both programs have great faculty and a great curriculum, so I think it really comes down to deciding what program is the right fit for you. I'm sure Temple also has students who are "ambassadors" and could answer your question directly, I would just email admissions and ask for a contact.

Reactions: 1 user