same personal statement that i used 3 yrs ago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liya

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am reapplying to medical schools but this time to allopathic rather than osteopathic. Do you think if i use the same personal statement that i used 3 years ago with minor changes can be noticed. Do med schools keep track of old applicants' essays or something, maybe even scan for plagiarism? I just put so much effort into this ps and its really good and i just want to change a few things, but leave it pretty much the same, especially that i only used it for osteopathic schools. What do you think?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i don't think allo schools can look at information you sbumitted to osteo schools.

I think that I am going to use the same PS as well with a few slight modifications. My reasons are the same as yours are, I put a lot of effort into it and I think it gets my point across very well. I also don't think that my PS was the reason I didn't get in so I don't see a reason as to why I need to change it. If there is a reason, I would love input.