Same photo as last year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neopentanol

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We reapplicants have heard about updating letters, and revising personal statements, but is there any reason not to use the same photo as last year?

I mean, I pretty much look the same.

:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I want to make sure they see my new sweet face tat. :horns:

Nah, I'm just going to use the same one as before. I didn't grow a beard or anything, so why not?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to sound stupid but is the photo part of the secondaries? Cause I sure don't see it on the AMCAS app.

Lemme see ya photo!

Is it really that much of a hassle just to take another photo and use that? Honestly? Did we need to start a new topic for this?

It seems that with all the work of actually getting through pre-med, and the work being looked forward to in medical school, the burden of taking a single picture and having it printed seems... trivial.

Is it really that much of a hassle just to take another photo and use that? Honestly? Did we need to start a new topic for this?

It seems that with all the work of actually getting through pre-med, and the work being looked forward to in medical school, the burden of taking a single picture and having it printed seems... trivial.

Dude, you don't understand... nothing can be that simple

I gained 50lbs over the last year. I wouldn't want med schools using the new pic as my student ID. It's enough that others have to look at my fat self; do I need to too?

Hey can I just put a picture of a supermodel instead? ;) If you really squint and take 10 years off of Catherine Zeta-Jones, she looks JUST like me.

I gained 50lbs over the last year. I wouldn't want med schools using the new pic as my student ID. It's enough that others have to look at my fat self; do I need to too?

Can you just tape that picture on your face during your medical school interview?

If not, then that's a crappy argument for the OP.

Can you just tape that picture on your face during your medical school interview?

If not, then that's a crappy argument for the OP.

:thumbup: Thanks, I was wondering how I would deal with such a big problem like this one. Taping that pic on my face is the way to go!

(Btw, I drank two drinks of sarcasm tonight.)

I would have thought it wasn't worthy of a thread as well, until I read all this stuff advising people to re-take photos for reapplication.

Use the same set as you used the first time. NO ONE WILL CARE. Honestly. In fact, they won't even look at the photo unless you're invited for an interview and are under consideration and I PROMISE that no adcom is going to be debating your future with other adcoms, flip through your file and then have a Eureka! moment when they realize that you used the same photo as when you applied there unsuccessfully a year ago.

Re-use the photo. You probably have extra. Take the time it would have taken you to retake and print the photo and read another health policy question or something. Retaking the photo is complete waste of time.