Same Undergrad School for Medical School?

Started by Anastasis
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My undergraduate school has a medical school as well (I noticed there were a couple of Texans on another thread - it was Texas A&M if anyone knows it.)

I know they specialize in rural medicine which I may/may not be interested in. However, I get the feeling that going to the same school for undergraduate and then Medical school may not be the greatest idea. Not to mention I don't know if I would want to live another day let alone several years in College Station.
Anyone know anything about this or had to grapple with a similar problem?
Thanks

:luck:
 
Anastasis said:
My undergraduate school has a medical school as well (I noticed there were a couple of Texans on another thread - it was Texas A&M if anyone knows it.)

I know they specialize in rural medicine which I may/may not be interested in. However, I get the feeling that going to the same school for undergraduate and then Medical school may not be the greatest idea. Not to mention I don't know if I would want to live another day let alone several years in College Station.
Anyone know anything about this or had to grapple with a similar problem?
Thanks

:luck:

If you live in Texas you should apply to Texas A&M. Make your decisions after you have acceptances, or interviews for match purposes.