Sample Letter of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tenk

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of posts on here asking about letters of recommendation (LOR for short). Some of you may even be asked to write your own letter. You may ask: "where do I begin?" The answer, my friend, is right here. Here is my sample of a LOR I just wrote for one of my scribes. If you are going to use it, maybe change a few words so people don't get suspicious. Good luck.

Dear Admissions Committee:

Hey, stop whatever you are doing and pay attention because what you are about to read may change your entire life and the fate of the world as well. I currently serve as an attending physician who has the privilege, no the sacred duty of working with Alexander Brosef, lord of the scribes. Who is Alexander Brosef you ask? Well, let me ****ing tell you.

I have worked with at least 5 or more scribes and Alex is in a league of his own. You would think scribing is all about processing information into charts and being efficient right? WRONG! Scribing is so much more. It is about laughing at all my dumb jokes and watching Youtube videos during my shift. Most other scribes just sit there, waiting for the shift to end. Alex? No way. Sometimes I will come back to my seat and he will have a Youtube video pulled up ready to be watched and get this, it will be some good ****. Not that **** someone forces you to watch where you laugh just to make the other person not feel bad but like actual funny ****. I have no doubt that Alex will be able to watch Youtube videos and browse Amazon throughout medical school, residency, and as an attending: a key aspect to being a great doctor.

In summary, the greatest mistake of your life would be to not admit Alexander Brosef to your medical school. You would literally have to be an idiot to do that. Are you an idiot? I don’t think so. So vote yes on Alexander Brosef and make your medical school great again. Or don’t, I don’t care.

Sincerely,

Your mom

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Thank you very much Tenk. Your dedication to this site is always appreciated.

Btw, rather than submitting this through interfolio like some average joe, do you think I should instead show up in a school mascot uniform at the front porch of the Dean of Admissions and hand deliver it to make it more personal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you very much Tenk. Your dedication to this site is always appreciated.

Btw, rather than submitting this through interfolio like some average joe, do you think I should instead show up in a school mascot uniform at the front porch of the Dean of Admissions and hand deliver it to make it more personal?
Better to wait in their closet with the letter hand written over your body. By the time the cops come, you’ll be riding that sweet acceptance train.

Reactions: 1 users
Better to wait in their closet with the letter hand written over your body. By the time the cops come, you’ll be riding that sweet acceptance train.

Actually don’t you think it would be a better idea to instead stand on top of a floating board in the back yard pool?

That way it will literally be a “walks on water” letter.

Reactions: 1 user
Here is my sample of a LOR I just wrote for one of my scribes. If you are going to use it, maybe change a few words so people don't get suspicious. Good luck.

Dear Admissions Committee:

Hey, stop whatever you are doing and pay attention because what you are about to read may change your entire life and the fate of the world as well. I currently serve as an attending physician who has the privilege, no the sacred duty of working with Alexander Brosef, lord of the scribes. Who is Alexander Brosef you ask? Well, let me ****ing tell you.

I have worked with at least 5 or more scribes and Alex is in a league of his own. You would think scribing is all about processing information into charts and being efficient right? WRONG! Scribing is so much more. It is about laughing at all my dumb jokes and watching Youtube videos during my shift. Most other scribes just sit there, waiting for the shift to end. Alex? No way. Sometimes I will come back to my seat and he will have a Youtube video pulled up ready to be watched and get this, it will be some good ****. Not that **** someone forces you to watch where you laugh just to make the other person not feel bad but like actual funny ****. I have no doubt that Alex will be able to watch Youtube videos and browse Amazon throughout medical school, residency, and as an attending: a key aspect to being a great doctor.

In summary, the greatest mistake of your life would be to not admit Alexander Brosef to your medical school. You would literally have to be an idiot to do that. Are you an idiot? I don’t think so. So vote yes on Alexander Brosef and make your medical school great again. Or don’t, I don’t care.

Sincerely,

Your mom
Your scribes are soooo lucky to have an LOR writer who takes the time to tease out their positive attributes and frames them with enthusiasm. What a great example to pass on to the masses. Thank you for sharing. And for bringing a smile to the faces of adcomms everywhere.