-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Samuel Merritt Acceptance!!
Started by DPT415
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
CONGRATS!!!
Still waiting to hear
Still waiting to hear
i take that back, just got the call too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still waiting to hear back from 3 on the East coast, and have an acceptance to Touro in Nv. You?
DPT415 -
I have no idea but I hope you hear soon. Good luck to you! Are you only waiting for Samuel Merritt?
I have no idea but I hope you hear soon. Good luck to you! Are you only waiting for Samuel Merritt?
Does anyone know when orientation is or how we might be able to get in contact with possible roomies?
I've decided on going to SMU for my DPT!
Now, all I have to do is figure out where to live... many people have told me parts of Oakland are pretty rough-- can anyone offer any help as to where in Oakland would be an OK place to live? I'm also open to living in another city in the Bay Area- any suggestions there?
Thanks!!
Now, all I have to do is figure out where to live... many people have told me parts of Oakland are pretty rough-- can anyone offer any help as to where in Oakland would be an OK place to live? I'm also open to living in another city in the Bay Area- any suggestions there?
Thanks!!
Congrats ClPT13 on your decision!
I am also looking into the housing issue. I am from the East Coast and know I want to have a roommate, but it's kinda hard to figure out all the areas from over here. I have a car in Cali, so I dont mind the commuting idea either. I have been told Berkley is good, but expensive, any other area ideas Pttrack on areas in the East Bay?
I am also looking into the housing issue. I am from the East Coast and know I want to have a roommate, but it's kinda hard to figure out all the areas from over here. I have a car in Cali, so I dont mind the commuting idea either. I have been told Berkley is good, but expensive, any other area ideas Pttrack on areas in the East Bay?
For those of you asking about housing:
I'm not going to Samuel Merritt (UCSF/SFSU for me!) but I live in the East Bay and commute to San Francisco for school. Concord, Pleasant Hill, and Walnut Creek are all great places to look into. Try to find a place that is walking distance to a BART station. I live in Concord, and from the Concord station to the Macarthur station (Macarthur is where you will get off if you're going to Samuel Merritt) it takes about 40 minutes. That may seem like a while but I find that my 1 hour commute from Concord to San Francisco flies by in the mornings, especially when I have some leftover studying to get done.
Other places that are closer to Oakland but a little more pricey are Lafayette and Orinda.
I'm not going to Samuel Merritt (UCSF/SFSU for me!) but I live in the East Bay and commute to San Francisco for school. Concord, Pleasant Hill, and Walnut Creek are all great places to look into. Try to find a place that is walking distance to a BART station. I live in Concord, and from the Concord station to the Macarthur station (Macarthur is where you will get off if you're going to Samuel Merritt) it takes about 40 minutes. That may seem like a while but I find that my 1 hour commute from Concord to San Francisco flies by in the mornings, especially when I have some leftover studying to get done.
Other places that are closer to Oakland but a little more pricey are Lafayette and Orinda.
Thanks for everyone's input! I've been tending toward Walnut Creek... but was worrying a bit about the commute. I think it's only about 20 mins from McArthur via BART, so not too bad, but I guess that would be a great time to study-- if I can keep from getting distracted 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone is interested in finding potential roommates and housing, I found a webpage through SMU's site that is free for listing and searching for the two. Check it out if you are interested.
http://smu.och101.com/
http://smu.och101.com/
Hi everyone, I'd really like to ask for some input as to good reasons to choose SMU's Physical Therapy program. I am currently having to decide between SMU or Fresno State. SMU was my first choice all along because of the great location, good repuation, and 3 year curriculum. However, I am not sure I'd want to come out with +$100,000 in debt when the state universities tuition is around 6000/year. When I compare the curriculum, both programs offer a lot of clinical experience. The con for Fresno State is that it is a four year program to finish with the DPT. I would get the summer off for the first two years. But the DPT year is joint with UCSF if I can maintain a 3.0 and pass the license exam to qualify for the doctorate program. If anyone has any input, please let me know! I am having difficulty deciding.
CONGRATS to all of you who have been accepted to SMU!!
I grew up in the Bay Area, and am working as an PT Aide right now in southern California. I am very interested in SMU's program, but I'm afraid my GPA/GRE isn't good enough! I can get great LOR's (one from a SMU alum), but i'm still nervous..... Can anyone help me out by letting me know your stats GPA/GRE/hours and such look like for those accepted?
Thanks!😉
I grew up in the Bay Area, and am working as an PT Aide right now in southern California. I am very interested in SMU's program, but I'm afraid my GPA/GRE isn't good enough! I can get great LOR's (one from a SMU alum), but i'm still nervous..... Can anyone help me out by letting me know your stats GPA/GRE/hours and such look like for those accepted?
Thanks!😉
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K