Program-Specific Info / Q's Samuel Merritt OTD program

OTconvert

Feb 22, 2018
  1. Pre-Occupational Therapy
    Great thanks! I emailed Kasie and she said we should have gotten it already, but there may be delays with IT because of the break. She said she’ll hold my spot in the case that it doesn’t work out. You might want to email just to have a record of your intent to accept! Nothing is happening
    I just got off the phone with the admissions counselor and she said that we should be getting an email to create our SMU ID & PW 24 hours after creating our portal log-in. She said their IT team is already out for break so if it's something that's IT dependent and if by any chance we can't create our ID & PW by ourselves then we don't have to worry if there is no way to deposit our fee for acceptance or submit our letter of intent.

Just be sure to call after they're back from break on January 2nd or send them an email during break letting them know you're going to be accepting the invitation! It's great that they called us knowing we got in but also a bit worrying because we can't really contact with them for the next two weeks if we have questions! haha

Yes I emailed Kasie, she said she’d hold my spot if the email doesn’t come through on its own. I’m sure nothing will happen over the break but it’s nice to have some assurance. I think there are only a handful of us who just got accpeted, so it won’t be TOO annoying if we are all emailing about this

OTconvert

Feb 22, 2018
      Omg okay I emailed her earlier too and she said she’ll hold my spot AHAHHA. I’m glad that we are all going through this TECHNICAL DIFFICULTY together I was scared that I wouldn’t be able to submit my LOI but they reassured me it’ll be okay as long as I tell them in the email I accept the offer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
      Haha yeah. I mean maybe we’re taking it too hard and being a little paranoid, but the application process is a nightmare, I’m not leaving anything up to chance!! I won’t be taken down this easily!!!

About the Ads

OTconvert

Feb 22, 2018
        Do you know how long we have to accept the offer?? I’m having issues with the login too and it’s making me paranoid because I JUST emailed Kasie about it!
        So I don’t think anyone can sign in. I didn’t even receive the acceptance email- like “the OT department wants to invite you blah blah”-so I don’t know when the due date to accept is- it would have been in that letter. Kasie said we had 10 days on the phone when she called me to say I got in, but I don’t know if she meant business days or not. I was too distracted. None of you got that official invite letter either right? It was my understanding that we can’t log in because we didn’t get that email, which had vital info related to signing in to SMURF. All you all got was an email welcoming you to an admitted students portal, right? I got in the portal fine but its SMURF we need to accept the offer.

Reactions: 1 user

OTconvert

Feb 22, 2018
          Yes, you are correct! It’s okay I think they know of the situation now since this is a problem occurring to everyone. They really can’t blame us since we have already emailed them.
          I was told by the IT guy that they didn’t set up the portal for us yet

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
          Got the login email!

Me too!

Should we make a Facebook group? We can just call it Samuel Merritt OT Class of 2022 or something like that. Then we can stop completely flooding this forum with conversation, it’s probably a little annoying for people waiting to hear back.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

OTconvert

Feb 22, 2018
            Ok I made the group, it's "Samuel Merritt OTD Class of 2022". It will only be a couple of us for now, but soon a bunch more of you will be joining us, so look it up then! I think I have heard that some schools create official facebook groups for accepted students, so this page may become pointless if that is true. It will be nice to not be anonymous anymore, though!

aclot

Jan 10, 2019
              Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I also got the email saying I'll either be accepted or waitlisted. Can anyone who already got accepted let us know what the specific deadlines are? Like when you have to let them know by (in an earlier post, I saw that it was 10 days), when the deposit is due by, when the physical is due by, etc. Thanks and good luck to everyone else!

aspiringot96

Jun 4, 2018
                Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I also got the email saying I'll either be accepted or waitlisted. Can anyone who already got accepted let us know what the specific deadlines are? Like when you have to let them know by (in an earlier post, I saw that it was 10 days), when the deposit is due by, when the physical is due by, etc. Thanks and good luck to everyone else!

I think you have 10 days to accept the offer so you have to pay the deposit ($350) before then. Background check and some other stuff are due 6months to 30 days prior to start of the program while proof of insurance is due 30 days before the start.

About the Ads
                About the Ads

PhilMex123

Nov 8, 2018
                  I got a call from Kassie this evening as well! I interviewed back in December so glad the wait is finally over, good luck to everyone.

First of all, congratulations on being accepted! Did just hear now that you got accepted or were you on the waitlist? I’m only asking because I got an email saying that they accept an equal number of students from both the December interview and January interview. I want to get a better idea of how they accept students.

About the Ads

SayBlev

Jan 22, 2019
                    First of all, congratulations on being accepted! Did just hear now that you got accepted or were you on the waitlist? I’m only asking because I got an email saying that they accept an equal number of students from both the December interview and January interview. I want to get a better idea of how they accept students.

Did you interview for this round or are you trying to gather info for next year? I waiting for the waitlist to be emailed out. I should be on it since they said in December I’d be either admitted or waitlisted.

OTOnTheWay

Jan 25, 2019
                    1. Occupational Therapy Student
                      I have not. I got an email 12/21/18 that said I would either be admitted in January or added to the waitlist, but I haven’t heard anything since. I am so tempted to email Kasie, but I am sure they’re busy getting everything straight for the newly admitted class.
                      Same here.. I really hope we find out today. The suspense is killing me! LOL

About the Ads
                      This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      7. This thread is locked.