Program-Specific Info / Q's Samuel Merritt OTD program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got the email! I am #8 on the waitlist!!! Super optimistic and excited. Good luck to everyobe else!

That’s awesome! You’re likely to get in!

Members don't see this ad.

That’s awesome! You’re likely to get in!
Oh man I hope so! I applied last year and was on the wait list as well. I was number 45 and moved up to number 21, so I am hopeful! Kasie did say that last years movement was more than usual, but maaaaan I am close.

Reapply next year Kat_OT! I will reapplying if I don’t get in either.

Good luck to everyone else.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all! I also got an email about the waitlist, I am number 4!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh man I hope so! I applied last year and was on the wait list as well. I was number 45 and moved up to number 21, so I am hopeful! Kasie did say that last years movement was more than usual, but maaaaan I am close.

Wow! That gives me hope that I can still get in. I’m #23.

I’m so sorry! I’m moving forward and reapplying. I’ll also be applying other places. Keep your head up and keep moving forward.

I have an interview at another program so crossing my fingers I can get accepted there!. Its my first time applying and interviewing, and was definitely an experience I can learn from.

What's your number on the waitlist?

I have an interview at another program so crossing my fingers I can get accepted there!. Its my first time applying and interviewing, and was definitely an experience I can learn from.

What's your number on the waitlist?

I’m number 23. I’m glad to hear you have another interview, I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Got an email saying I’m on the waitlist. Really bummed out but I kinda figured as it took this long to receive a response...
still hopeful tho

congratulations! Did you hear from dominican ? I heard people got emails this week

Surprisingly haven't heard anything from them and not a lot of people posted on the forum about it. I have an interview for West Coast in LA.

What about you?

Surprisingly haven't heard anything from them and not a lot of people posted on the forum about it. I have an interview for West Coast in LA.

What about you?
No I have not heard from them. I thought it would be this week since someone posted about it in that other thread... Congratulations though on your interview! I wish you the best :)

No I have not heard from them. I thought it would be this week since someone posted about it in that other thread... Congratulations though on your interview! I wish you the best :)

Yes thank you, good luck to you too!

Congrats on getting on the waitlist! I too got waitlisted but too high up. Did they inform you every time you move up from the list?

For those who got accepted - when was/is your deadline to accept or decline?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on getting on the waitlist! I too got waitlisted but too high up. Did they inform you every time you move up from the list?
Hey! Sorry, I just saw this. They notified me a couple of times throughout spring and summer! And then my last position was number 24, so I didn’t hear from them. As in, they didn’t send me a final “oh your position is too high, you did not make it this year” letter.

I actually haven't heard back from them yet! The anticipation is killing me.
Same.. I wonder how often SMU will update us on the waitlist. I am sure that there have been people who declined but I haven't gotten a email from Kasie about any movement.

Same.. I wonder how often SMU will update us on the waitlist. I am sure that there have been people who declined but I haven't gotten a email from Kasie about any movement.
I know! I was trying to search through old threads to see if anyone has posted in the past about that. I am pretty sure most of the people who did get accepted had a deadline for this week. So hopefully next week we will get some news. As for SJSU, I called and asked and they said we would have to wait till after the cycle closed which was on Feb 1st!

Does anyone know how many they accepted from the waitlist last couple years? I’m number 26 on the waitlist and some people say I have a chance but I feel like I’m too high up

Does anyone know how many they accepted from the waitlist last couple years? I’m number 26 on the waitlist and some people say I have a chance but I feel like I’m too high up
The previous cycle had a lot of people accepted from the waitlist. I think it went up to the 30s. But someone wrote on here that Kasie said that was very unusual. I don't think it's like that for each cycle. It all varies though, it's really hard to know for sure.

Last year the waitlist moved about 20 spots! Kasie did say it was unusual, as they do have movement but last year was a lot! However, it all depends on how many people decline their spots! I hope you get in!

Anyone from the waitlist reach out to see if they’ve moved up?
No. It's been so frustrating too since there hasn't been any updates. I assume that once SJSU sends out their letters people who got accepted to SMU/other private schools will free up their spots...

Has ANYONE heard anything about the wait list moving up? Its been almost 2 months with no updates. There has got to be some changes.... sigh.

Has ANYONE heard anything about the wait list moving up? Its been almost 2 months with no updates. There has got to be some changes.... sigh.
I recently got an email stating that there’s currently no movement on the waitlist at all. It also said on the email that they’ll try to update us every month, but I’m not sure if thats really guna happen

Hey guys! I got a call last Friday that I got into the program! I was #1 on the waitlist. I have been meaning to respond here, but I have been moving all weekend. They let me know by calling and then I got an official admissions email. I had ten business days to accept/decline the offer and pay the tuition deposit which gets retracted from the first years tuition.

I am soooo excited! This was my second year applying and last year I was on the waitlist as well, so it feels good to pull through this year! I am slightly terrified, but equally as excited.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone! I believe the wait list moved up 4 spots? Still not enough for me to be accepted yet, but I am glad they told us about the movement. Did anyone also hear back?

Hi everyone! I believe the wait list moved up 4 spots? Still not enough for me to be accepted yet, but I am glad they told us about the movement. Did anyone also hear back?

Heard back but still not enough for me to be accepted. Wonder how it was for the previous cohort?

Heard back but still not enough for me to be accepted. Wonder how it was for the previous cohort?
They had around 20 people get in from the waitlist. But that was not usual according to Kasie. I assume maybe 10-15 normally get in?

I got off the waitlist yesterday! I was 38 out of 56 on the waitlist LOL. I won't be accepting the spot as I have already started a different program. But this shows to never give up! They start next week so you never know how soon they may accept you leading up until they actually start the program!!

How was the interview process like? General consensus, I think that the writing portion tripped a lot of people up which I was worried about as well.
I interview in December for the 2020 cycle!

How was the interview process like? General consensus, I think that the writing portion tripped a lot of people up which I was worried about as well.
I interview in December for the 2020 cycle!

Yeah you do the writing prompt first. Then the actual interview itself is pretty short. There were 5 questions - 2 very general and 3 situational. I think it was only like 15 minutes? Sorry I can't remember the specific amount of time, even though it was only last year! I wish I took notes. But the interview is a panel of like 4ish staff, and then two students. After your interview, they ask the students if they see you fitting in with the other students which I thought was interesting.

Yeah you do the writing prompt first. Then the actual interview itself is pretty short. There were 5 questions - 2 very general and 3 situational. I think it was only like 15 minutes? Sorry I can't remember the specific amount of time, even though it was only last year! I wish I took notes. But the interview is a panel of like 4ish staff, and then two students. After your interview, they ask the students if they see you fitting in with the other students which I thought was interesting.
Thank you so much for this information! I hear they use the insight from the students because they want to ensure that you can work in groups and be productive, which, I guess I understand.