San Diego Job Market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
San diego is nice. A lot of other places on the west coast with exceptional weather and not as expensive. 😎View attachment 356743

View attachment 356744View attachment 356745
Beautiful!...Reminds me when I used to live about 45 minutes NW of Sac in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada. About 2 hours to SF/Napa, and 2 hours to Tahoe. Housing/COL was pretty reasonable (about 4 years ago), but Bay transplants/housing craziness have changed this. Fires are also progressively getting worse.
 
I gigolo a little bit when I get too bored.
i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif
 
I just saw an ad for locums in Oceanside today. Looks like ASMG cancelled the contract at tri city. I may look into that- has to be good golf down there... what’s a tee time cost though?
 
All these places in Southern California are impossible to afford. Particularly if they are resort towns and cities with beaches. Average house prices are 5 million and up. Impossible to be a doc and living in seedy shady areas of town or commute more than 1 hour away to work
 
All these places in Southern California are impossible to afford. Particularly if they are resort towns and cities with beaches. Average house prices are 5 million and up. Impossible to be a doc and living in seedy shady areas of town or commute more than 1 hour away to work

Forgive me when I say you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about
 
I just saw an ad for locums in Oceanside today. Looks like ASMG cancelled the contract at tri city. I may look into that- has to be good golf down there... what’s a tee time cost though?
Wonder why ASMG pulled out of Tri-City?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok. 5 million is a stretch. So what does a 3-4 bedroom, 2 BR 2000SF house cost?

San Diego is big city with a ton of different neighborhoods. The price of that 2 BR 2000SF house will vary drastically depending on where it is.

If you're curious: https://www.redfin.com/city/16904/CA/San-Diego

Keep in mind that the housing market in SD has gone absolutely bonkers over the last several years.
 
San Diego is big city with a ton of different neighborhoods. The price of that 2 BR 2000SF house will vary drastically depending on where it is.

If you're curious: https://www.redfin.com/city/16904/CA/San-Diego

Keep in mind that the housing market in SD has gone absolutely bonkers over the last several years.
I see two houses close in equivalence to mine without the half acre and they are $1.3-1.4 million. Uhmm nope, nope, nope.
Most I am willing to spend is 5-600k and not in TX because of the Real Estate Taxes.
 
I see two houses close in equivalence to mine without the half acre and they are $1.3-1.4 million. Uhmm nope, nope, nope.
Most I am willing to spend is 5-600k and not in TX because of the Real Estate Taxes.

To each their own. I live in a place that people dream of vacationing in for one or two weeks out of the year. I can (and do) go surfing and hiking year-round. It also helps to have bought a house >5 years ago.

My W2 would need to have at least 6 zeros to get me to live in most other states in this country.
 
To each their own. I live in a place that people dream of vacationing in for one or two weeks out of the year. I can (and do) go surfing and hiking year-round. It also helps to have bought a house >5 years ago.

My W2 would need to have at least 6 zeros to get me to live in most other states in this country.


Yeah but doesn’t it make you mad that you can’t have an assault rifle?😉
 
To each their own. I live in a place that people dream of vacationing in for one or two weeks out of the year. I can (and do) go surfing and hiking year-round. It also helps to have bought a house >5 years ago.

My W2 would need to have at least 6 zeros to get me to live in most other states in this country.
I go vacationing for sure.
I do hate the heat and flatness TX and its why I am in the mountains right now. Colorado would be a better compromise for me.
Anyway, about to move to a place where people go vacation and with a mild climate and great altitude so I get it. Dream, forever house gonna cost me about $140k.
 
I go vacationing for sure.
I do hate the heat and flatness TX and its why I am in the mountains right now. Colorado would be a better compromise for me.
Anyway, about to move to a place where people go vacation and with a mild climate and great altitude so I get it. Dream, forever house gonna cost me about $140k.

I think that you would hate colorado
 
I think that you would hate colorado
Nah. Spent some time there in the winter. Had a condo there. Yes it snows a lot but it has lots of sunshine and the snow often melts. Yes there are blizzards. I am aware. They often have many days in the 50s during the winter where the snow turns to slush.
I like the liberal mentality. The prices have gone up though due to all those Californians. Same as Texas.