San Francisco AuD Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

TreeofRoses

I was reading online about a list of audiology programs in CA, and came across San Francisco state university. However, when I tried to click on the link, it didn't work.

So I was wondering if SF state still offers an AuD program or not.

If anyone knows anything about the AuD program at SF state, please feel free to reply. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi @TreeofRoses. I'm from the SF area, so hopefully I can provide some insight. As far as I know, San Francisco State does NOT have an AuD program. However, University of the Pacific (a private school) is opening up an accelerated AuD program through their San Francisco campus. I believe they're accepting applications this year for the first incoming class of Fall 2015, pending accreditation. It seems like a great opportunity! The Bay Area is gorgeous. Here's a link. Hope this helps!

http://www.pacific.edu/Academics/Sc...h-Sciences/Academics/Doctor-of-Audiology.html

Thanks BrianaGrace17! I will definitely look into this program, the Bay Area would be an amazing place to study at!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I am looking into this program for fall 2015 is well. Their webpage didn't seem too informative to me, so I emailed a faculty member yesterday, and this is what I got back from the director:

"thank you for your interest in the doctor of audiology (Au.D.) program at the University of the Pacific’s San Francisco campus. We anticipate having the first cohort of students begin classes in Fall 2015 (pending approval of the accrediting agency, the Council of Academic Accreditation of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.)
The proposed program is a three-year, nine-semester accelerated program. The first two years (six semesters) will be a combination of academic and clinical assignments on campus or in the San Francisco Bay Area. The final year (three semesters) will be a 12-month, full-time clinical externships at sites throughout the country, but primarily in California. The primary focus of the program will be developing competent, practice-ready audiologists upon graduation.
Students can apply for the program with an undergraduate degree in any field. Pre-requisite courses include a biological science course, a physical science course (physics or chemistry), a statistics course, an introductory psychology/sociology course, and a child development course. Applicants are encouraged to have observation experience in an audiology clinic so that they have knowledge of the professional field to which they are seeking admission.
Applications for the Fall 2015 class will be submitted through the national CSDCAS application system. The application deadline for the first class will be May 31, 2015, but priority will be given to students whose complete applications have been received by February 1, 2015.
The Au.D. program has a website (www.pacific.edu/aud) , which lists the location of the campus and floor plans for the academic and clinic space that is under construction now. More detailed information about the curriculum, admissions procedure (criteria – undergraduate GPA – min. 3.0; average for expected admitted group 3.5; quantitiate and verbal GRE scores of 150 plus; GRE writing score of 4.0 plus; and 3 letters of recommendation), etc. will be added to the website in Septemer 2014. Check there later this summer for more details. Tours of the campus will be available beginning in August, 2014.
Please feel free to contact me with further questions."

Hope this gives you a bit more information in making a decision.