Sans secondary at UCLA anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unfrozencaveman

not a dude
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone still waiting on a secondary from UCLA? I'm taking this to be a lost cause at this point. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

unfrozencaveman said:
Is anyone still waiting on a secondary from UCLA? I'm taking this to be a lost cause at this point. Anyone else?

Yeah, I'm still waiting on secondaries from UCLA, UCI, and UCSD. Even if we do get them (which I dont' think we will) we'll be so behind in the process that we'll probably never get an interview or if we do it will be for the waitlist. I think the UCs are just taking their time to reject people.

http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=04609

Hey, maybe they have something against water polo players!

Members don't see this ad :)
unfrozencaveman said:
Hey, maybe they have something against water polo players!

Haha, but they all have water polo teams! Grrr, why is California the worst state to be in when you want to apply to med school?! Where have you gotten interviews from?

Yeah I'm still waiting for the UCLA secondary...and a UCSD one for that matter. I'm pretty sure it means a rejection at this point. It's weird how UCLA is...but anyway I'm not really sure I want to be filling out secondaries anymore. and like you said, even if I got one today i'm pretty sure it'd be too late to get an interview...so eh whatever i guess. their loss, right?

You know what, I don't think I ever received notification of my UCLA secondary e-mail or otherwise, but when I visited their website, it said that they were awaiting submission of my secondary. I'm not sure if my e-mail lost it or what but that was weird. Fortunately, I had already been accepted to a school that I would rather go to, but make sure you check their site.

jeffsleepy said:
You know what, I don't think I ever received notification of my UCLA secondary e-mail or otherwise, but when I visited their website, it said that they were awaiting submission of my secondary. I'm not sure if my e-mail lost it or what but that was weird. Fortunately, I had already been accepted to a school that I would rather go to, but make sure you check their site.

I checked out my application status at UCLA's website and everything is just blank where it says supplemental information. Looks like a won't be attending medical school where I went a year for undergrad :(

im awaiting a supplemental from UCLA too, I called them and they said that there is a batch of apps with the adcom at UCLA and my app was one of them. They said that once the adcoms review that batch they will send out some more supps.
So the battle is not lost yet!

:thumbup:

shuzee said:
im awaiting a supplemental from UCLA too, I called them and they said that there is a batch of apps with the adcom at UCLA and my app was one of them. They said that once the adcoms review that batch they will send out some more supps.
So the battle is not lost yet!

:thumbup:

Wow, so they are really sending out more secondaries? That's great!

I got my secondary only a few weeks ago (submitted AMCAS in june!) unlike the other UCs, UCLA is essentially non-rolling (or so they told me) so they take their time with secondaries and it doesn't really penalize you. I was worried about this too, but I'm trying to stay optimistic now :luck:

anystream said:
I got my secondary only a few weeks ago (submitted AMCAS in june!) unlike the other UCs, UCLA is essentially non-rolling (or so they told me) so they take their time with secondaries and it doesn't really penalize you. I was worried about this too, but I'm trying to stay optimistic now :luck:

Did they give you a due date for the secondary?

LT8R said:

they post it to their website and send out a snail mail notification, which some people might not get (jeffsleepy?). luckily i was checking the website periodically so i saw it. they gave me a month and a half to work on it

Edit: does anyone know how they send out interview invites? snail mail as well?

LT8R said:

Well in the MSAR the latest filing date is January 1. Is that the deadline for turning in the secondary?

N1DERL& said:
Well in the MSAR the latest filing date is January 1. Is that the deadline for turning in the secondary?

no, i think the secondary deadline date differs depending on when you receive the secondary. mine is due sometime in jan (i received it late in Nov)...

I've only gotten love from UCSD and UCD....

Nothing from UCLA, UCI or UCSF.

I suck.

Overlap12 said:
Haha, but they all have water polo teams! Grrr, why is California the worst state to be in when you want to apply to med school?! Where have you gotten interviews from?

I played in college too. Perhaps they feel threatened.

I'm really glad I'm not a CA applicant.

I'm still waiting!!! :scared:
For those that have not gotten love from UCI, check the website... I was rejected presecondary, but did they bother to email me or write???? :mad: and I went there for my undergrad...
At least I got love from UCD and UCSF!!!! :D

i called ucsd like last month and i asked them when was the latest time they sent out secondaries...and the folks said january....so yah...

N1DERL& said:

The deadline for secondary is about six weeks after you got your secondary. I got mine early Nov. and the deadline was Dec.29. Good luck!

cHocoBo 118 said:
they send the invites the exact same way as the secondaries. The status page will first change to "requested", then you'll receive a snail mail a couple days later.
I never recieved a snail mail notification for a secondary (I got it in August) nor an email to check their site for that matter. I just checked and it said requested... so I am just doing the same regarding a potential interview invite.

Anyone know what the rate of presecondary rejection is?