SAT Scores

ToldYouSo

Student
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so basically I never made it to my Nov. 1 SAT and rescheduled to take it for Saturday of Dec. 6th, however, my high school likes me to have all my applications sent before Thanksgiving. I have taken the SAT once in the past also.

Is there a way to tell the college that I have scores yet to be sent, or will they only consider my past scores once my application is sent? I didn't study at all for my last test and only managed an 1240/1600. Ty for your advice :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Isn't a 1240 a pretty good score? I'm not sure if SAT scores expire like MCAT scores, but if they don't, colleges should look at your old score.

Hey guys, so basically I never made it to my Nov. 1 SAT and rescheduled to take it for Saturday of Dec. 6th, however, my high school likes me to have all my applications sent before Thanksgiving. I have taken the SAT once in the past also.

Is there a way to tell the college that I have scores yet to be sent, or will they only consider my past scores once my application is sent? I didn't study at all for my last test and only managed an 1240/1600. Ty for your advice :cool:
No. And by the way, if I am not mistaken, you can take the SAT as many times as you want and pick the best scores and then send that to colleges. If I AM mistaken, colleges will get whichever scores you send them. Also, the SAT is out of 2400 so I don't know what 1240/1600 translates to but it sounds pretty good.

Lets say you got:

1950. You send in all your scores. Your colleges will get all these scores but they will probably only look at your 1950 as it is your highest score.

Now, as mentioned, I think you ARE allowed to or will be able to take it as many times as you want (lets just say 7 even though most people only take in twice) and you would obviously only send in your best scores.

I hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've always heard that they take the highest score, and that it doesn't really matter how many times you've take it... that's for the ACT though... I would s'pose it would be similar.

No. And by the way, if I am not mistaken, you can take the SAT as many times as you want and pick the best scores and then send that to colleges. If I AM mistaken, colleges will get whichever scores you send them. Also, the SAT is out of 2400 so I don't know what 1240/1600 translates to but it sounds pretty good.

Lets say you got:

1950. You send in all your scores. Your colleges will get all these scores but they will probably only look at your 1950 as it is your highest score.

Now, as mentioned, I think you ARE allowed to or will be able to take it as many times as you want (lets just say 7 even though most people only take in twice) and you would obviously only send in your best scores.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your comment. When I put 1240 I only included the CR and Math since those are the 2 most important sections. Out of 2400 I received an 1840 total.

I hope this helps.

Unless you are a class of 2010 or later, you can't pick which scores to send.