SAT vocab?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

crypticase

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering whether just studying a large list of SAT words is good enough? Or are there harder vocab? Cus I keep reading that people are using GRE vocab words, even if I'm not taking that test right now
 
I was wondering whether just studying a large list of SAT words is good enough? Or are there harder vocab? Cus I keep reading that people are using GRE vocab words, even if I'm not taking that test right now

I mean, you're not taking the SAT right now either 😉

I wouldn't do either...just read if you want to learn vocab. Learning the word in a vacuum will leave you with no knowledge whatsoever of how frequently/in what contexts those words are actually used in real conversation or writing. If you read, you get to enjoy the process of expanding your vocabulary.