saudi arabi healthcare jobs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

georgiaRPH

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My sister is interested in working in Saudi Arabia as an x-ray technician.

When I was in pharmacy school, one of our professors was a pharmacist in a Saudi hospital in the 1960s or 1970s. Does anyone know anyone that has done something like this, especially a female. Thanks for any advice!
 
Last edited:
My sister is interested in working in Saudi Arabia as an x-ray technician.

When I was in pharmacy school, one of our professors was a pharmacist in a Saudi hospital in the 1960s or 1970s. Does anyone know anyone that has done something like this, especially a female. Thanks for any advice!

Yes, I know a female pharmacist who set up a hospital pharmacy in kuwait. And I know a guy who was a materials manager in saudi hospital.
 
My sister is interested in working in Saudi Arabia as an x-ray technician.

When I was in pharmacy school, one of our professors was a pharmacist in a Saudi hospital in the 1960s or 1970s. Does anyone know anyone that has done something like this, especially a female. Thanks for any advice!
Contact Flynn Warren! I'm sure he can help you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Contact Flynn Warren! I'm sure he can help you!

Too funny!! That is the professor that I know that did it!! I'm going to call him in a few days.

My sister just needs to know a legitimate person to contact about this, because I hear there are a lot of scams in this area. She wants to go to Saudi because her husband was denied a visa to come back to the US and thinks they could both get into Saudi (they are both Muslim). Thanks everyone for the advice.
 
Join the Army. Your friend will have no problems getting a 'job' in the Middle East. Is Baghdad close enough?

Can non-Americans join the army if you are educated (grad school + PharmD) in the U.S. but *not* a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.? I am thinking about being a Pharmacist working in a conflict zone abroad for the U.S. armed forces.
 
Can non-Americans join the army if you are educated (grad school + PharmD) in the U.S. but *not* a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.? I am thinking about being a Pharmacist working in a conflict zone abroad for the U.S. armed forces.

Yes, you can be in the military and not be a citizen. There are certain criteria that I am not certain of. You'd have to contact a medical recruiter about it.
 
Can non-Americans join the army if you are educated (grad school + PharmD) in the U.S. but *not* a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.? I am thinking about being a Pharmacist working in a conflict zone abroad for the U.S. armed forces.
ValeUC is correct...we have many non-citizens in the military. Many of them become naturalized citizens too if you're interested in that.
 
My post said non-citizen or permanent resident. i.e. I am neither of those. Just in the U.S. on a student visa. All the websites I checked say you must be a citizen or PR.
 
My post said non-citizen or permanent resident. i.e. I am neither of those. Just in the U.S. on a student visa. All the websites I checked say you must be a citizen or PR.

You could always call and ask. In many circumstances there can be waivers. However in this case I think you wouldn't be able to join due to security reasons. In order to be an officer (all medical professionals are officers) in the U.S. military you need to be able to obtain a security clearance, which I don't think is possible while not being a citizen and/or a permanent resident.