SAVMA Symposium 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildZoo

Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's a few months away, but early registration just ended, and regular registration opens on Friday. So who is gonna be chillin in Athens for SAVMA symposium March 9-11?? I'll be there, probably.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Likely. Just gotta swap for that weekend off!

Err, to hang out obviously. I don't think I'm allowed in lectures. ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Depends on my recovery situation. I’m really interested in the wet labs, the exotics lecture, and overall level of their security...

Reactions: 7 users
It depends on my spring break trip timing.

Bummed because that is close enough I might have been able to swing it but it’s the weekend before my retry at phase 1 boards. :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think this is during my second externship. Sad day.

As stated in Snapchat, I’ll probably go?

But more of y’all need to show up or else illinois is gonna outnumber representation with me and @SkiOtter and @batsenecal
Oo are you both going now??
I’m still considering but like
Need to decide tonight :laugh:
That 10+ hour bus ride is what’s making me hesitant...
Both my back and my car sickness will struggle. Someone just knock me tf out for the ride

Oo are you both going now??
I’m still considering but like
Need to decide tonight :laugh:
That 10+ hour bus ride is what’s making me hesitant...
Both my back and my car sickness will struggle. Someone just knock me tf out for the ride
For some reason this made me think of John Mulaney's Xanax story.
"Sometimes...I get nervous...on airplanes"

As someone who took a 10+ hour bus ride once (twice)... this gives me uncomfortable memories.
For some reason this made me think of John Mulaney's Xanax story.
"Sometimes...I get nervous...on airplanes"
The 10 hour bus itself is fine it’s just the sitting for long periods of time in bad chairs and not being able to walk plus also feeling like you’re gonna vomit for the next 14 hours is less than ideal

The 10 hour bus itself is fine it’s just the sitting for long periods of time in bad chairs and not being able to walk plus also feeling like you’re gonna vomit for the next 14 hours is less than ideal
Oh no I got that. I was more referring to the "knock me tf out for the ride" part :D

Roundtrip flight from here to ATL are under $200 I really wanna goooooo :drowning:

Reactions: 2 users
Dude do it!
I'm sure we can get someone to pick you up and bring you to Athens lol
SAVMA has $20 transport from Hartsfield-Jackson, but need to look into details to see if I can scam my way in on that deal or if they check ID's or something.
:thinking:

AirBnB's are super cheap if booked right now too.....whyyyy

SAVMA has $20 transport from Hartsfield-Jackson, but need to look into details to see if I can scam my way in on that deal or if they check ID's or something.
:thinking:

AirBnB's are super cheap if booked right now too.....whyyyy
Oh shoot yeah I need to look into airbnb or hotel situation

I'm a little wary of airbnb's because one of my friends ended up in a real **** one when we were there last month for a different conference

Hi I will be there but mainly because I live there and will be having thesis fun.
Grumpy that Canadian Students aren't allowed :p
I’m not a vet student but will still be having fun with everyone hopefully... if I can get myself together and write enough so I won’t feel guilty
Dude do it!
I'm sure we can get someone to pick you up and bring you to Athens lol

Can pick internet friends up at ATL for food or gas monies. Also Groome transport or mega bus are options

Reactions: 1 users
UGH Y'all are giving me every reason to go!
The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is IDK where I'm going to be in my recovery process. I don't want to be traveling/partying on crutches.

UGH Y'all are giving me every reason to go!
The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is IDK where I'm going to be in my recovery process. I don't want to be traveling/partying on crutches.
I guess that'a fair. Still, if you can swing it...
No way to really predict where you'll be at with that is there?

I guess that'a fair. Still, if you can swing it...
No way to really predict where you'll be at with that is there?
Next (and hopefully last surgery) is on Jan 8th. I'll probably know around mid february. Lets just hope rates stay low until then :xf:

how much is that travel insurance whatever stuff airlines usually offer? that allows you to cancel for whatever reason?
Didn’t know that was a thing. Will look into, thanks for putting it on my radar!