I am going to weigh in here only based on leadership vs. subordinate responsibility levels, leapfrogging off Vitamin K.
When I was a heady E4 in the Army I was a 249 gunner in garrison (not deployed) when we ran MOUnT, or Military Operations on Urban Terrain, exercises with my squad and the rest of the unit.
I would watch the senior E4s, E5s and sometimes E6s (Non-commissioned officers; these are are de facto supervisors) lead platoons and squads through "dangerous" mock streets where insurgents, played by rival platoons or companies, would be staked, and it all very closely resembled what we would end up facing in Iraq or Afghanistan. While I could appreciate the difficulty in making sure one's squad/element is all accounted for, directing them during direct or indirect fire or when receiving contact of any sort, it was until I was slapped on the bird and sent overseas and told that I would be leading a real squad, in real combat operations, that the gravity of my training really hit me like a ton of bricks.
In a sense, my "license", that is, my life and the structural integrity of my element, was actually at stake, and a mistake on my part could and would almost assuredly lead to death or injury. Not heeding the warning signs during a presence patrol in Tikrit, Baqubah or Ramadi and you just endangered a lot of lives.
It's not a perfect example by any means, but the take-home message is just like Vitamin K alluded to - When you're "auxiliary" personnel, or in my case, just another cog in the machine during training, you are there and absorbing, but it's not your responsibility if you lose an asset from your element. However, when the health and sustainability of your unit is up to you, and your decisions, and your decisions alone will be accounted for on record, the whole scenery changes... Suddenly, situations which seemed simple for me to handle as just a member of the squad were like a sucker punch when I was a team or squad leader in theater with live ammunition and people who wanted me/us dead in the street.
Perhaps this can be applied quite nicely to Pharmacy after all. When you're a technician, you're observing, but it isn't your ass on the line when something goes boom and someone loses an arm or pays the ultimate price. It's the Pharmacist who is left when the smoke clears. The brass will be gunning for the Pharmacist's license, not your CPhT cert.