SCCO or NECO

Started by HHVS711
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HHVS711

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there!
I have been accepted to several schools and now I am trying to decide between my two favorites SCCO and NECO.
After being accpted at SCCO I had told NECO I would go to SCCO beacause it is less expensive. After that, NECO gave me a scholarship for $30,000 over the four years (I have to maintain a 3.2GPA), which makes NECO about $10,800 cheaper than SCCO over the course of four years, assuming I won't get a scholarship at SCCO.
I was really impressed with the clinic at SCCO, but I also liked the atmosphere at NECO a lot. I prefer Boston over a suburb of L.A., but Cali also has it's advantages.
I am so torn between the two and just can't come to a conclusion.
Please help and tell me what you think!
 
Wow! $30,000 is a GREAT incentive. That's a really tough choice... I loved NECO when I went to visit also but ultimately ruled it out because of the cost, among other factors (like the cold). If you're concerned with the cost though, consider living expenses, too. Fullerton is cheaper to live than Boston (from the research I've done, anyway). The clinic style is obviously different, with NECO having many dispersed locations and SCCO having their clinic on campus. Make a list of your pros and cons. Maybe that will help.

Good luck & let us know what you decide 🙂